Black Friday is fast approaching and if you, like so many other Americans, plan on taking advantage of the deals on deeply discounted electronics, you'll need a plan of attack.
The TechRadar Tip Off created this handy list of the best Black Friday Deals around so you can get the jump on some post-Thanksgiving shopping without having to aimlessly push and shove too much.
Please note: A few prices listed here are still only sneak peaks at upcoming deals from various retailers.
Keep checking back as we'll continue to add all the top tech deals we can find. In the meantime, the Tip Off salutes you - good luck during your Black Friday shopping spree!
Hello, phones on sale
Let's face it: some people just aren't tech-centric and would prefer a budget phone over the latest iPhone 5S. Thank goodness for the Motorola Moto G then! It's essentially the entry-level phone you can get that won't make you stick out like a sore thumb (i.e. it's not an old school flip phone) - but you can still have decently powerful yet simple device.
Get the most popular handset (possibly ever?) that's not an Apple device, the HTC One, for only $29.99 on contract from Best Buy. You can also pick up the One from Amazon for only $0.01 on contract with Sprint, Verizon or AT&T.
More phone deals to check out:
The ever popular tablets
The newest Nexus 7 is already inexpensive but thanks to Black Friday, these stores went further and made it even cheaper.
For a limited time, you can get an addition $25 credit for the Google Play Store if you get a Nexus 7 from Google.
The iPad Air is just as hot as that Nexus (probably even more) but watch out for that steep price tag.
Microsoft is doing a 'lil preview of its Black Friday deals where you can save $100 on the near-perfect Surface Pro. Our list below has a few more goodies on sale, and if you scroll further you'll find laptop and gaming steals from the Microsoft Store too.
Various Samsung tablets like the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 are now listed for Black Friday from Adorama! You can pick up a 16GB Note 10.1 for only $399 while a 32GB Note will run you up a hundred bucks more.
More tablets deals to check out:
- Microsoft Surface, $349 - price to drop November 28 (Microsoft Store)
- HP ENVY Rove 20, $799 (Microsoft Store)
- iPad mini for $299 plus $75 gift card (Target)
- 7-inch Nook HD 8GB for $79.99 (Target)
Don't worry, laptops are still cool
Amazon's doing a full week of Black Friday deals, and today you can save 20% or more on Windows 8 laptops. You can get the 14-inch Samsung ATIV Book 5 Touchscreen Ultrabook with an i5 Core (pictured above) for $300 off the original price, or pick up the following:
- Samsung ATIV Book 5 14-Inch Touchscreen Ultrabook (Core i3, Mineral Ash Black)
- Dell XPS 12 12.5-Inch Convertible 2-in-1 Touchscreen Ultrabook
- ASUS 1015E-DS01 10.1-Inch Laptop (Black)
Apple's 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display remains ever pricey but it seems like Best Buy has made it slightly more affordable - you can now get the 2012 model for $250 off the regular list price.
More laptop deals to check out:
- Dell Inspiron 15z Touchscreen Laptop, $399 on November 28 (Microsoft Store)
- ASUS X102BA-BH41T Touchscreen Laptop, $299 (Microsoft Store)
- HP Envy TouchSmart 17-inch laptop for $799.99 (Best Buy)
- HP Pavilion TouchSmart Sleekbook, 15.6-inch for $499 (Office Max)
TVs and TV related goodies
This little dongle sold out quite fast when it first launched, forcing Google to replenish its stock ASAP. Like the company's other products, it's also already super affordable but Amazon and Best Buy have lowered the price even more to $29.99.
More TVs and TV related deals to check out:
- Vizio 60-inch 1080p 120Hz HDTV, $688 (Amazon)
- Vizio E550i-A0 55-Inch 1080p 120Hz Smart HDTV, $479.99 (Amazon)
- Seiki 50-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV, $229 (Amazon)
- Samsung 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV (Black), $999 (Amazon)
- Samsung 55-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV, $1297.99 (Amazon)
- Sony BDP-S3100 Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi, $54.99 (Amazon)
- Pioneer SP-FS51-LR Floorstanding Speakers, $100 after $50 rebate (Newegg)
- Vizio E701i-A1 70-inch LED TV, $998 (Walmart)
Can't forget games
But don't count out their brethren, the PS3 and the Xbox 360 - with all the next-gen stuff, there's even more "old" gen games going on sale too, which is great if you plan on sticking with the older consoles for awhile.
Amazon game deals:
- Xbox 360 250 GB Holiday Value Bundle including Halo 4 and Tomb Raider, $189.99
- PS3 250GB Bundle including The Last of Us and Batman Arkham Origins, $199
- $34 for popular games like Grand Theft Auto V and Batman Arkham Origins
- Call of Duty Ghosts, $39.96 for PS3
- Call of Duty Ghosts, $39.96 for Xbox 360
- $25 for popular games like FIFA 14, Madden 25, Battlefield 4, NCAA
- Skylanders Swap Force Characters - Buy 2 Get 1 Free
- Assassins Creed: Black Flag ($49)
- Call of Duty: Ghosts ($49)
- Battlefield 4 ($49)
- NBA 2K14 ($49)
- Need for Speed: Rivals ($49)
- FIFA14 ($49) - for the PS4, for the Xbox One
- Madden 25 ($49)
- Skylanders Swap Force Starter Pack ($37)
PC parts on sale
Like laptops being shown up by tablets, PCs have competition from the aforementioned next-gen consoles. But to a PC, "next-gen" was five plus years ago and current gen components will be console fodder in ten years.
More PC deals to check out:
- RAIDMAX Altas ATX-295WB Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, $15 after rebate and promo code PREBLKFR55 (Newegg)
- MSI LGA1155/Intel Z77 motherboard, $60 after $10 rebate (Amazon)
- ADATA USA Premier Pro 2.5-Inch 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive, $80 (Amazon)
- AMD FX-6100 OEM/GB 760 MB/8GB DDR3 Barebones Bundle, $299 after rebate (TigerDirect)
Cameras for all
Fancy cameras can cost you a bucket of money so take advantage of Black Friday's camera deals.
We've found a few here from Adorama that will save you up to $70 and $600 on cameras like the Nikon D3100 (pictured above), Nikon D3200 and on whole kits. The site is also having some seriously good deals on Fujifilm, Olympus and Panasonic cameras if Nikon isn't really your cup of tea.
Looking for a camcorder instead? How about the GoPro HERO3: Black Edition? It's smaller, lighter and amazing for on the go filming. The best part of all? Best Buy has them for $249.99.
Adorama also has great prices on Flashpoint filming equipment for you film fiends out there.
More camera and camera related deals to check out:
- Nikon D3100 14.2 Megapixel Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm NIKKOR DX Lens & 55-200mm NIKKOR DX Lens, $496.95 (Adorama)
- Same camera as above bundled with 16GB SD Card, Camera Case and Spare Lithium Battery, $577.95 (Adorama)
- Canon EOS 70D with EF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens, Bundle - with Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II IS Lens, $1,399 (Adorama)
- Sony Alpha A3000 with 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 E Mount Lens, 20.1MP - Bundle With Slinger Holster Case, Sony 64GB SD Card, Mack 3-year Diamond Warranty, Sunpack Pistol Grip Tripod, Replacement Battery and more, $470.53 (Adorama)
Stay tuned for more from the TechRadar Tip Off.