While it's easy to get excited about a new OLED TV or a fancy laptop, Prime Day isn't really about spending loads. Yes, a huge purchase is best done when the Prime Day deals are on, but equally you can spend a little and get a lot.
These are some of the best sub-£50 deals can ultimately pay for themselves – or ultimately save you money in the long run. We've rounded up all of the best ones here to help you beat the cost-of-living crunch.
There's nothing quite as satisfying as buying a piece of tech that both improves your life and ultimately saves you money.
Whether it's using a smart plug to cut your electricity bills, decking out your home with some power-efficient smart light bulbs, or picking up an air fryer to reduce takeaway temptations, the deals below can all nudge you in a cost-cutting direction.
We'll be keeping our eyes peeled for more Lightning deals to add as they land, but right now here are the best sub-£50 Prime Day deals that should soon pay for themselves. (Not in the UK? Scroll down for deals in your region).
Today's best Prime Day deals for £50 or less
Amazon Smart Plug:
£24.99 £12.99 at Amazon
Save £12 - A smart plug is a great way to lower your electricity bills, letting you schedule to turn appliances on and off automatically when you don't need them. Amazon's take on the idea also handily can be controlled with Alexa devices like the Echo Dot – and is currently half price.
TP-Link Tapo Smart Plug:
£12.99 £7.97 at Amazon
Save £5 – This TP-Link smart plug manages to undercut the price of its Amazon rival, but still works with the likes of Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant for voice control. More importantly, it also lets you schedule and control home appliances remotely so you can turn them off from afar or according to a preset schedule.
Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance (two pack):
£94.99 £44.99 at Amazon
Save £50 - Replacing your old lightbulbs with power-efficient LED ones is a good way to keep your bills down, but even better is adding smart LED bulbs to your life. These dimmable Hue lights can be scheduled to turn on and off (not today, burglars) and can also be voice-controlled.
Nutribullet 600 Series Blender Starter Kit:
£59.99 £47.99 at Amazon
Save £12 – If you find yourself regularly tempted by pricey smoothies or lunchtime sarnies, a Nutribullet could well be a wise investment. This popular model is 20% off right now, unusually taking it below £50. Its 600W motor will make light work of whole fruits and vegetables, while the 680ml cup is big enough for a generous meal. Our Editor in Chief has one and swears by it.
Morphy Richards Induction Frying Pan and Saucepan set:
£69.99 £40.25 at Amazon
Save £29 – Whether you have an induction hob or not, this five-piece stainless steel set will taking your cooking efficiency up a notch thanks to their Thermocore bases for speedier cooking and less energy wasted. With three saucepans, a milk pan and a 24cm frying pan, it's an ideal set for all types of cooking and is dishwasher safe, too.
Wilko four-litre air fryer |
£55.00 now £35.00 at Amazon
Save £20 - An air fryer is a fine way to crack an expensive takeaway habit and this model offers impressive value. The main reason for its low price is the lack of a digital screen, which you'll find on pricier rivals, but it still has a dual-capacity basket allowing you to fry two dishes separately. It also comes with a two-year guarantee.
Philips Sonicare Protective Clean 4300: £
139.99 £49.99 at Amazon
Save £90 - We can say from experience that expensive dentist bills can really mount up. A better idea is to invest up front in a powerful electric toothbrush and this Philips model offers excellent value. It promises to remove a lot more plaque than a standard brush and also lets you know when you're pressing too hard - plus it's cheaper than the Oral-B range that many will only think about when buying an electric toothbrush.
Lexar Professional 2000x SD card (32GB):
£47.86 £29.99 at Amazon
Save £17.87 - Buying SD cards during sales events like Prime Day is a classic way to save money in the long-run,as you're going to need to buy them anyway. There are multiple discounts going right now, but if you have a mirrorless camera and regularly shoot photos and 4K video this Lexar card is our pick. It offers speedy 260MB/s write speeds and is rarely this cheap.
SanDisk Ultra 512GB SD card:
£70.00 £32.99 at Amazon
Save £37 - If you have a Nintendo Switch and need one card to back up your whole gaming library, this 512GB SanDisk card is a great buy at this price. It also comes with an SD card adapter and has never been this cheap.
Finish Powerball All-in-one (110 tablets):
£26 £10.35 at Amazon
Save £15.65 - Bulk buys are a great way to make long-term savings during Prime Day. It isn't quite as glamorous as a shiny piece of tech, but getting 110 dishwasher tablets for just over a tenner will allow you to set aside more money for impulse tech buys.
More kitchenware deals
No matter where you live, you'll find all the lowest prices for kitchenware around the web right here, with offers available in your region.
More Prime Day deals in the US
- Alexa devices: Fire TV Sticks from $12 and more
- Adidas: 50% off sneakers and sportswear
- Apple: Apple Watch 7 at cheapest price yet
- Back to school: backpacks and stationery discounts
- Cell phones: $100 off the Google Pixel 6
- College essentials: bedding, decor and cleaning sale
- Cooling: portable fans from $16.99
- Fashion: 66% off clothing, shoes and jewelry
- Groceries: up to 40% off coffee and food essentials
- Headphones: up to $125 off Sony headphones and earbuds
- Home: Levoit Air Purifier for $42.49
- Instant Pot: up to 29% off
- Kindle: up to 50% off ereader bundles
- Kitchen: up to $120 off blenders, coffee makers and more
- Laptops: $200 off 14-inch MacBook Pro
- Mattresses: $490 off Casper mattresses
- PS5: register for the next PS5 restock
- Security: Blink Home Security bundles from $44.99
- Smart home: Echo Show 5 smart display for $34.99
- Smartwatch: Amazon Halo View up to 55% off
- Speakers: JBL portable speakers from $29.95
- Storage: up to 39% off Samsung SSDs
- Tablets: Samsung Galaxy Tab S8 - save up to $120
- TVs: Smart TVs from $89
- Vacuums: save on Shark, iRobot and Bissell
More Prime Day deals in the UK
- Amazon devices: up to 65% off Echo Dot and Fire TV Cube
- Adidas: 30% off some sportswear and trainers
- Apple: save up to £150 on iPads and Apple Watches
- Back to school: backpacks and stationery from £1.50
- Beauty: save on Rimmel, Revlon, Olay, and more top brands
- Coffee machines: starting at just £19 with up to 60% off
- Cheap Fire tablets: Amazon Fire tablets starting at £34.99
- Dental: 57% off Oral-B and Philips electric toothbrushes
- Fashion: 40% off Vans, Hugo Boss, Wrangler, and other brands
- Fire TV Stick: lowest price yet on all models
- Groceries: £10 off your first three grocery shops
- Grooming & hair care: 60% off Philips, Remmington shavers & straighteners
- Headphones: Sony and Bose headphones at lowest-ever prices
- Kindle: 25% off Kindle ereader bundles
- Laptops: 15% off Microsoft, Huawei, Acer, and Asus laptops
- Phones: Google Pixel 6 lowest ever price, OnePlus, Motorola
- PS5: Dualsense deals, plus savings on leading games
- Security: £180 off Ring Home Security bundles
- Smart home: £144 off Ring and Echo bundles
- Smartwatch: up to 50% off Garmin watches and trackers
- Tablets: 41% off Samsung, Lenovo, and Huawei tablets
- Tools: 49% off some Bosch tools and garden items
- TVs: 4K TVs starting at just £199 with half-price deals
- Vacuums: 35% off Shark cordless vacs
- Xbox: Xbox Series X in stock for £449