MCU Phase 4 has ended. With The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special launching on Disney Plus, this phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) is over, meaning it's time to look ahead at what's to come instead.
Still, if you're interested in reading about the Marvel films – read our Marvel movies in order guide, while you're here – and TV shows that comprised MCU Phase 4, we've got you covered. Below, you can find reviews for every Phase 4 project, as well as a rundown of every release date for announced Marvel Phase 5 and Phase 6 productions, including those coming to Disney Plus.
Meanwhile, you can check out our best Disney Plus shows list, which contains some Marvel TV offerings, or our Marvel movies ranked article if you're after more MCU-based content. If not, read on to get our thoughts on every MCU Phase 4 film and show that arrived between January 2021 and November 2022.
MCU Phase 4 release dates
There are no more MCU Phase 4 projects set to be released. The last one was The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special, which arrived on Disney Plus in November 2022.
Still, if you're interested, you can read all of our reviews on those Phase 4 movies, shows, and TV specials, in the list below.
- WandaVision (TV show)
- Falcon and the Winter Soldier (TV show)
- Loki (TV show)
- Black Widow
- What If...? season 1 (TV show)
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- Hawkeye (TV show)
- Spider-Man: No Way Home
- Moon Knight (TV show)
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- Ms Marvel (TV show)
- Thor: Love and Thunder
- I Am Groot (TV show)
- She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (TV show)
- Werewolf by Night (TV special)
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Marvel Phase 5 and beyond
Marvel revealed its entire slate of Phase 5 movies and TV shows at Comic-Con 2022, as well as confirming the first three (or four, depending on where Deadpool 3 fits in) projects that'll make up Marvel's Phase 6 slate.
Check out every confirmed Phase 5 and Phase 6 project below:
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (February 17, 2023)
- What If...? season 2 (TV show, early 2023)
- Secret Invasion (TV show, spring 2023)
- Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (May 5, 2023)
- Echo (TV show, mid-2023)
- Loki season 2 (TV show, summer 2023)
- The Marvels (July 28, 2023)
- Ironheart (TV show, late 2023)
- X-Men '97 (animated TV show, late 2023)
- Agatha: Coven of Chaos (TV show, late 2023/early 2024)
- Daredevil: Born Again (TV show, early 2024)
- Captain America: New World Order (May 3, 2024)
- Thunderbolts (July 26, 2024)
- Blade (September 6, 2024)
- Deadpool 3 (Phase 5 or Phase 6 movie, November 8, 2024)
- Spider-Man: Freshman Year (animated TV show, 2024)
- Marvel Zombies (animated TV show, 2024)
- Fantastic Four (Phase 6 movie, February 14, 2025)
- Avengers: The Kang Dynasty (Phase 6 movie, May 2, 2025)
- Avengers: Secret Wars (Phase 6 movie, May 1, 2026)
- Armor Wars (TBA)
For more Marvel-based content, find out which Marvel villains we think are the best (and worst) ones in the MCU so far. Alternatively, read up on how to watch the Spider-Man movies in order or the X-Men movies in order.
Sign up to receive daily breaking news, reviews, opinion, analysis, deals and more from the world of tech.
As TechRadar's senior entertainment reporter, Tom covers all of the latest movies, TV shows, and streaming service news that you need to know about. You'll regularly find him writing about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Star Wars, Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, and many other topics of interest.
An NCTJ-accredited journalist, Tom also writes reviews, analytical articles, opinion pieces, and interview-led features on the biggest franchises, actors, directors and other industry leaders. You may see his quotes pop up in the odd official Marvel Studios video, too, such as this Moon Knight TV spot.
Away from work, Tom can be found checking out the latest video games, immersing himself in his favorite sporting pastime of football, reading the many unread books on his shelf, staying fit at the gym, and petting every dog he comes across.
Got a scoop, interesting story, or an intriguing angle on the latest news in entertainment? Feel free to drop him a line.