Popular phone maker HTC teamed up with gaming software company Valve to create a virtual reality headset that was announced at MWC 2015 but the HTC Vive has rarely been seen out in the wild. That should change soon.
Announced on its blog, an HTC Vive World Tour is taking place this summer, starting in San Diego, CA on July 9. The tour will continue until November 1 across the US and Europe.
Check out the following dates to see if your city made the list:
- July 9-12, Island St & 6th Ave, San Diego, CA, USA
- July 17-19, Forecastle Festival [Invite Only], Louisville, KY, USA
- July 21-23, Navy Pier, Chicago, IL, USA
- July 25-28, specific location TBD, Kansas City, KS, USA
- August 2-8, The International, Seattle, WA, USA
- August 5-9, Gamescom, Cologne, Germany
- August 13-16, specific location TBD, San Francisco, CA, USA
- August 20-23, specific location TBD, Portland, OR, USA
- August 28-31, PAX Prime, Seattle, WA, USA
- September 4-9, IFA, Berlin, Germany
- October 28-November 1, Paris Games Week, Paris, France
The company has noted that both the dates and locations are subject to change so be sure to double check before you trek out to try the VR headset.
Even though a price hasn't been revealed, the HTC Vive is slated for a 2015 holiday release. This tour is likely happening to get everyone hyped up about its headset.
Sign up to receive daily breaking news, reviews, opinion, analysis, deals and more from the world of tech.