If you’re keen to discover what all the fuss is about regarding full-frame, then the Sony A7 II mirrorless camera, which was released back in 2014 and you can still buy as new on the Sony website, is possibly the cheapest option available. It’s now at a record low price in this Black Friday camera deal, reduced from $1,598 to $998 at Adorama.
For less than $1,000 you get the 24MP full-frame camera with Sony’s FE 28-70mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS lens and a bunch of accessories that includes a bag, memory card and reader, lens filter and cleaning kit – everything you need to get started. This really is one of the best Black Friday deals I’ve seen.
For an extra $41, you can pick up the ‘Pro’ kit that adds a spare battery, a tripod, and software package via the same product link. If you’re starting from scratch, this is a superb deal from Adorama. The camera with lens dropped to $998 for the first time this year, but if you need the generous package of accessories thrown in as well, this is the best value deal on the A7 II yet.
Today's best Black Friday cameras deal: Sony A7 II with lens and accessories for $998
Sony a7 II with 28-70mm lens and accessory bundle: was
$1,698 now $998 at Adorama
A new full-frame Sony mirrorless camera with kit lens and an accessory bundle for less than $1,000 (or for $1,039 for a pro kit)? That's an absolute steal for what is still an excellent 24MP stills shooter, which introduced the world's first 5-axis in-body stabilization in a full-frame camera, even if its video spec is looking a little dated now.
The Sony A7 II is almost 10 years old, and has been updated by the A7 III and then the A7 IV which is the best mirrorless camera for most people, yet Sony has kept producing the A7 II which means it’s still available as new at Sony’s store.
Alongside the 24MP full-frame sensor and 5-axis stabilization, you get a 2.36m-dot EVF, a tilting LCD screen plus Wi-Fi and NFC connectivity. The body also makes use of magnesium alloy in its build that can take a few knocks.
It’s no speedster by today’s standards, but neither is the A7 II a slouch, with 5fps burst shooting allowing you to capture action and the camera's hybrid phase and contrast-detect autofocus system ably tracking subjects.
The A7 II also enjoys one of the most expansive selection of lenses that includes budget friendly prime lenses once you’ve grown out of the kit lens. Also, if you’re primarily a photographer over video, then many of the latest features in the A7 II’s successors might not be for you anyway. Full-frame has never been more accessible.
More Black Friday deals
- Amazon: 50% off TVs, air fryers, AirPods & clothing
- Apple: AirPods Pro, Apple Watch 8 & iPads from $99
- Adidas: 40% off running shoes, sweatshirts & leggings
- Beauty: 51% off viral makeup, skincare & hair tools
- Best Buy: up to $800 off 4K TVs, laptops & headphones
- Bed Bath & Beyond: 65% off sitewide + free shipping
- Cheap TVs: big-screen 4K TVs from $269.99
- Christmas: 40% off decor, pajamas & trees
- Dell: save on best-selling Inspiron and XPS laptops
- DreamCloud: 40% off all mattresses
- Family pajamas: matching Christmas PJs from $12.99
- Lowe's: up to $800 off major appliances
- Nectar: mattress deals starting at $359
- Nordstrom: 30% off Nike, Levi's, Skims, Adidas & more
- Purple: up to $400 off Purple mattresses
- Samsung: up to $2,000 of TVs, phones and appliances
- Target: 40% off furniture, TVs, clothing & appliances
- Toys: Disney, Barbie, Lego & board games from $14.99
- Walmart: $800 off toys, TVs, vacuums & clothing
Get daily insight, inspiration and deals in your inbox
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
Tim is the Cameras editor at TechRadar. He has enjoyed more than 15 years in the photo video industry with most of those in the world of tech journalism. During his time as Deputy Technical Editor with Amateur Photographer, as a freelancer and consequently editor at Tech Radar, Tim has developed a deeply technical knowledge and practical experience with cameras, educating others through news, reviews and features. He’s also worked in video production for Studio 44 with clients including Canon, and volunteers his spare time to consult a non-profit, diverse stories team based in Nairobi. Tim is curious, a keen creative, avid footballer and runner, and moderate flat white drinker who has lived in Kenya and believes we have much to enjoy and learn from each other.