LG’s C2 line of OLED TVs is recommended as the best option for most people in our guide to the best 4K TVs. That’s because it’s brighter than most OLED TVs owing to a next-gen OLED Evo display panel, something also found only in the company’s flagship G2 “Gallery” series models. And while the C2 series isn’t the company’s most affordable series, the 42-inch version has hit a new low of $997 on early Prime Day.
That deal is a 29% drop over the 42-inch C2’s $1,400 list price. It’s also the largest price drop for the C2 series, although the 55-inch model is also currently seeing a 25% discount. These are fantastic prices for some of LG’s best TVs, and ones that we’d be surprised to see bested on Black Friday.
Our review of LG’s C2 series set found much to admire beyond its outstanding brightness. It has an attractive design, and its 4 HDMI 2.1 ports support next-gen gaming features like 120 Hz, VRR, and ALLM. (It also has G-SYNC and FreeSync Premium.) In fact, gaming would be one of the primary uses for a 42-inch model like this one, since it’s the smallest in the series and could even be placed on a desktop.
Today's best LG C2 OLED TV deal
LG 42-inch C2 OLED TV:
$1,400 $997 at Amazon
Save 29% - LG's C2 series OLED TVs are among the company's best for 2022, and this 29% discount on the 42-inch model is a dream deal for gamers! That's because, in addition to its excellent brightness and HDR handling, the C2 series is packed with gaming-friendly features like 120 Hz, VRR, G-Sync, and FreeSync Premium. This is a new low price for the 42-inch model, so grab it while you can.
If you’re using a C2 OLED for movie-viewing (in which case you might want to consider an upgrade to that 55-inch model), you’ll benefit from LG’s new Alpha a9 Gen 5 processor, which goes a long way toward improving the look of HDR images.
Whichever model you choose, you really can’t go wrong with LG’s C2 series, which we recommend without hesitation. If you’re still poking around for other TV deals, check out our Prime Day live blog, which lists other video and audio gear deals happening today at Amazon, along with great sales on a wide range of products.
Prime Early Access Sale: quick links
- Amazon devices: 50% off Echo Dot and Fire TV sticks
- Beauty: up to 60% off make-up, skin care and fragrances
- Coffee makers: Keurig from $49 - half price
- Fashion: tops, tees, coats and footwear from $4.50
- Headphones: Samsung Galaxy Buds Live - now $99.99
- Home: up to 70% off cordless vacs and home essentials
- Kindle: save 30% on Paperwhite and Oasis ereaders
- Kitchen: 25% off Instant Pot, air fryers and more
- Security: over $100 off Ring Video Doorbell bundles
- Smart home: Echo Show 5 for $34.99 - lowest price ever
- Tablets: all-new Amazon Fire 7 tablet for $44.99
- TVs: smart TVs from $99.99
- Vacuums: up to $200 off iRobot Roomba and Shark
Sign up to receive daily breaking news, reviews, opinion, analysis, deals and more from the world of tech.
Al Griffin has been writing about and reviewing A/V tech since the days LaserDiscs roamed the earth, and was previously the editor of Sound & Vision magazine.
When not reviewing the latest and greatest gear or watching movies at home, he can usually be found out and about on a bike.