We’re big fans of LG’s C2 series OLED TVs – so much so that we selected the C2 as our TV of the year in the TechRadar Choice awards. LG TVs are seeing some nice price cuts as we head toward the holiday season, including this $800 off a 77-inch C2 OLED at Best Buy.
This is one of the more appealing Black Friday deals we’ve come across, and not just because it’s for an LG C2 OLED, but for the 77-inch version. Granted, the $2,500 you’ll currently pay at Best Buy is still a good bit of money, but in this case you’re getting something special – specifically, an OLED TV capable of high brightness and powerful contrast that’s also packed with gaming features like 4K 120Hz support, VRR, ALLM, and more.
Do you need a TV this large? For some viewing environments, the answer is yes – absolutely. A 65-inch TV is fine for viewing in a room where the sofa is set 8-10 feet away from the screen, but if you’re sitting any further away than that, you will lose a sense of immersion in the image. Bumping up the screen size to 77 inches – or larger – can have an incredible impact, making it seem like you’re in a center seat at the cinema when viewing movies at home.
Best Buy also has a Black Friday deal on the 65-inch C2, which is selling for $1,700, and another on the 83-inch C2, which is currently $4,000. But this 77-incher for $2,500 truly hits the sweet spot for us, and is a sweet deal indeed on the best overall TV of 2022.
LG 77-inch C2 OLED TV: was
$3,299 now $2,499 at Best Buy
This deal on LG's best all-around TV at a sizeable 77 inches is something to get excited about since it represents a new low for that screen size. The C2 series OLEDs sit at the top of our list of the best 4K TVs owing to their excellent brightness, rich color, and stunning contrast. If you're in the market for a 75-inch or, in this case, slightly larger screen, we could not make a more enthusiastic recommendation.
Looking for a different TV option to shop for, either now or on Black Friday? Check out our guide to the best 4K TVs to learn about other great sets. Maybe looking for a larger screen option than a TV can provide? Then head straight to our best 4K projectors guide to learn how to take your TV viewing to the next level, size-wise. And while you’re poking around, don’t miss our list of the best Black Friday TV deals.
More early Black Friday deals
- Amazon: 50% off AirPods, vacuums, air fryers, toys, and OLED TVs
- Best Buy: Black Friday prices on TVs, laptops, appliances, and more
- Cheap TVs: smart TVs starting at $89.99 from Best Buy
- Christmas Pajamas: family pajamas starting at $14.99
- Dell: laptop deals from $299.99
- Gifts ideas: 40% off holiday gifts for the family from Amazon
- Overstock: 70% off holiday decor, rugs, furniture, and Christmas trees
- Nectar: save up to $200 on mattresses, plus $499 in free gifts
- Samsung: up to $2,500 TVs, major appliances, and smartwatches
- Target: Black Friday deals on coffee makers, the Apple Watch, TVs, and more
- Toys: up to 50% off best-selling toys at Amazon
- Walmart: toys, TVs, vacuums, and laptops starting at $19.99
Sign up to receive daily breaking news, reviews, opinion, analysis, deals and more from the world of tech.
Al Griffin has been writing about and reviewing A/V tech since the days LaserDiscs roamed the earth, and was previously the editor of Sound & Vision magazine.
When not reviewing the latest and greatest gear or watching movies at home, he can usually be found out and about on a bike.