The Cupertino company has officially added the LG 27-inch UltraFine 5K display to its virtual shelves just in time for its promised December – even if it is already half way into the month. As previously promised, every order put in through and before December 31 will be discounted to $974 (£884, AU$1,418) rather than its normal $1,300 (£1,179, AU$1,889) price.
That said, only a limited number of these entirely USB-C driven monitors will be arriving to quick thinking customers before the end of 2016. Everyone else late to the boat must wait for an additional two to four weeks before a new shipment of 5,120 x 2,880 displays rolls out of the factory.
In a related note, Apple has also decided to extend the price cut on its accessories to March 31. The discount includes 15% to 50% off deals on all of Apple’s official USB-C dongles including:
- USB-C to traditional USB adapter from $19 to $9
- Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter from $49 to $29
- USB-C to Lightning cable (1 meter) from $25 to $19
- USB-C to Lightning cable (2 meters) from $35 to $29
- Multi-port adapter with HDMI, USB, and USB-C from $69 to $49
- Multi-port adapter with VGA, USB, and USB-C from $69 to $49
Previously, Apple only offered a discount on its official dongles until the end of the year. But, now you'll have a bit more time to catch up with Apple vision of a single port 'future.'
- That 5K LG display will also work with the MacBook