This is not the first time I've recommended this deal on the Fitbit Inspire 2, and it's not going to be around for much longer, as Fitbit has ended production on the device.
Even before the Black Friday Fitbit deals kicked off in earnest, ever since it was revealed the Fitbit Inspire 3 would only arrive with six months of Fitbit Premium, I've maintained the Fitbit Inspire 2, with its free one-year subscription of Premium, is actually the better choice. It's on sale as part of the Black Friday deals at $49.00 at Walmart in the US and £44.99 at Argos in the UK.
Check out the deals in full below (Not in the UK or US? Scroll down for the deals available in your region).
Get the Fitbit Inspire 2 deal here:
Fitbit Inspire 2 with one year's Fitbit Premium: was
$99.95 Now $49.00 at Walmart
The cheapest way to get a year's worth of Fitbit Premium absolutely free. The slimmed-down, now almost-obsolete Inspire 2 is still a decent entry-level tracker as part of this deal, because you get an additional six months of Premium, which ordinarily costs around $10 per month. You're not only saving $50 on the device, but $110 in total. Our standout Fitbit deal for beginners.
Fitbit Inspire 2 with one year's Fitbit Premium: was
£79.95 Now £44.99 at Argos
This is a great way to introduce someone to fitness tracking. If you're just after a cheap way to nudge yourself healthier by counting your steps, tracking your sleep and the calories you expend on a day-to-day basis, this is the deal for you. It even comes with that year of Premium.
Why get the Fitbit Inspire 2 in the Black Friday Fitbit deals?
For people who are new to fitness, or don't want a fully-fledged smartwatch, a slender fitness tracker which monitors your sleep, calculates your calories burned during a workout, and counts your steps is what you want, preferably with as much battery life as possible. The Fitbit Inspire 2, top of our list of the best fitness trackers for ages, fits the bill, just as well as the Fitbit Inspire 3.
The Inspire 2 has an older sensor array than the Inspire 3, but it retains the 10-day long battery life, swimproof design and 24/7 heart rate tracking. It's cheaper, meaning there's less of a barrier to entry, and will nudge you if you've been inactive for too long. It can even help with blood glucose and menstrual tracking.
But the big selling point here is the year's worth of Premium, normally $9.99 per month in the US and £7.99 in the UK. Premium allows you to see historic graphs on your data, get a Daily Readiness Score to better inform your workout recovery, and access the hundreds of guided workouts and meditations available in the Fitbit app.
Accessing all this content for a whole year, rather than six months, effectively adds a further saving of $60 in the US and £48 in the UK. It makes the humble Fitbit Inspire 2, on which production has now ceased, the best value Black Friday Fitbit deal of them all.
If you're after a more comprehensive running watch, shop around the Black Friday Garmin deals.
More US Black Friday deals
- Amazon: 50% off TVs, Apple Watch, clothing, vacuums, and toys
- Apple AirPods 2: on sale for $234 at Amazon
- Best Buy: up to $700 off TVs, laptops, appliances, and more
- Cheap TVs: $79.99 smart TVs from Best Buy
- Christmas decor: up to 54% off trees, garlands, and wreaths
- Dell: laptops from $299.99
- Gifts ideas: 40% off holiday gifts for the family from Amazon
- Home Depot: 50% off tools, major appliances, and holiday decor
- Lowe's: up to $750 off appliances, Christmas decor and tools
- Overstock: 70% off holiday decor, furniture, and Christmas trees
- Nectar: save up to $500 on mattresses, plus $499 in free gifts
- Nordstrom: up to 50% off UGG, makeup, Nike, jewelry, and more
- Samsung: up to $2,500 TVs, major appliances, and smartwatches
- Target: 45% off toys, Christmas decor, coffee makers, and more
- Toys: up to 50% off best-selling toys at Walmart
- Verizon: get the iPhone 14 Pro for free with trade-in
- Walmart: toys, TVs, vacuums, and laptops starting at $19.99
- Wayfair: up to 80% off couches, rugs, and more, plus free shipping
More UK Black Friday deals
- Amazon: up to 60% off TVs, laptops, and more
- Adidas: up to 50% off trainers and clothing
- AO: deals on appliances, TVs, laptops and more
- Argos: cheap TVs, headphones and tools
- Boots: half-price fragrances and make-up
- Box: up to £1,000 off TVs, laptops and PCs
- Currys: 40% off TVs, laptops and vacuums
- Dell: up to 45% off laptops and desktops
- Dyson: save £100 on the Dyson Cyclone V10
- EE: get a 200GB data SIM for £23 per month
- Game: PlayStation and Xbox games from £4.99
- John Lewis: up to £400 off TVs and appliances
- Ninja: save up to £90 on air fryers and pans
- Reebok: up to 50% off sportswear and footwear
- Samsung: up to £250 off phones and tablets
- Shark: up to £220 off cordless vacuum cleaners
- Very: offers on TVs, Lego and fashion
- Virgin: broadband deals from £25 per month
- Wayfair: furniture, lighting and mattress deals
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
Matt is TechRadar's expert on all things fitness, wellness and wearable tech. A former staffer at Men's Health, he holds a Master's Degree in journalism from Cardiff and has written for brands like Runner's World, Women's Health, Men's Fitness, LiveScience and Fit&Well on everything fitness tech, exercise, nutrition and mental wellbeing.
Matt's a keen runner, ex-kickboxer, not averse to the odd yoga flow, and insists everyone should stretch every morning. When he’s not training or writing about health and fitness, he can be found reading doorstop-thick fantasy books with lots of fictional maps in them.