[Update Nov 28, 2022: While November 25 has officially passed, there are still some big deals continuing, so check out our Singapore's Cyber Monday sales hub for the best tech deals still available. We've kept the top 5 Black Friday deals here though so you can still check them out if you want to find a bargain.]
2022's official Black Friday date, November 25, may have passed, but there's still Black Friday deals all across the web for Singaporean shoppers to find. Amazon (opens in new tab), Lazada (opens in new tab), Shopee (opens in new tab) and other top retailers have continued sales across the weekend, so it's not too late to still pick up a bargain.
While some hot products have since risen in price or are now out of stock, you can still pick up anything from TVs to Nintendo Switches at a discount. With Cyber Monday looming, we might see some more bargains pop up before the official end to the Black Friday weekend.
We've highlighted the best tech deals from across the web during Singapore's Black Friday sales. Check them out below, or jump on over to the Amazon SG Black Friday deals hub if you want to check out what's on offer on Amazon.
Singapore Black Friday 2022: top 5 deals still available
Google Pixel 6a |
SG$699 SG$518 at Amazon SG (opens in new tab) (save SG$181)
You could score a neat SG$253 off the Google Pixel 6a on Amazon this Black Friday, but the price has since jumped up to SG$518 following Black Friday. The Google Pixel 6a is a budget option to the Google Pixel 6, but still features some fantastic cameras, plus 128GB of storage in this particular model.
Nintendo Switch OLED |
SG$549 SG$425 at Amazon SG (opens in new tab) (save SG$124)
There's still time to pick up a saving on the Nintendo Switch OLED from Amazon SG. While it dropped to a low price of SG$399 on the launch of Amazon's Black Friday sales, it has since risen back up to SG$425. That's still a saving of SG$124 off this console that offers both a home entertainment experience and a portable option with a vibrant OLED screen.
LG C2 OLED TV (45-inch) |
SG$2,549 $1,999 from Lazada SG (opens in new tab) (save SG$550)
What we consider one of the best TVs you can currently buy, the LG C2 OLED TV is now on sale for only SG$1,999 at Lazada SG. This excellent screen offers one of the most vibrant viewing experiences alongside Dolby Atmos audio so you'll be completely immersed in your favourite movie, TV show or games.
Dell Inspiron 16 laptop | i5 / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD |
SG$1,299 SG$1,049 from Dell SG (opens in new tab) (save SG$250)
The Inspiron laptops aren't up there with the performance of Dell's premium XPS range, but they still offer a solid option for anyone who's after an everyday laptop for general and light use. Coming with the 12th-gen Intel Core i5 chip, 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage, there's a total saving of 24% off this one directly from Dell.
ErgoTune Supreme V3 |
SG$599 SG$509 from ErgoTune SG (opens in new tab) (save SG$90)
After a premium piece of office equipment? The ErgoTune Supreme V3 is a midrange option that offers the same quality that more expensive office chairs come with. With SG$90 off during this sale, it's even more of a bargain.
Black Friday 2022: top tech retailers
Want to know which retailers have Black Friday sales? We've collected a list of the top tech retailers across both Singapore and Malaysia right here, and you can find some other stores in other departments after our top tech deals.
Black Friday 2022: top tech retailers for Singapore
- Amazon SG: deals on smart home tech, headphones, phones and more (opens in new tab)
- Apple SG: find your favourite Apple products directly from the source (opens in new tab)
- Dell SG: score savings on monitors, laptops and peripherals (opens in new tab)
- Ergotune SG: save on popular ergonomic office chairs (opens in new tab)
- ESET SG: special deal - protect 2 devices for the price of 1 with ESET antivirus software (opens in new tab)
- Geekbuying SG: find a deal on your favourite tech and more (opens in new tab)
- Harvey Norman SG: score savings on TVs, audio tech and more (opens in new tab)
- Lazada SG: discounts on TVs, vacuums and more (opens in new tab)
- Lenovo SG: save on Lenovo laptops, accessories and more (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft Store SG: snag a bargain on Xbox and Surface laptops (opens in new tab)
- Norton SG: save on Norton's anti virus software (opens in new tab)
- Razer SG: save on new gear across Razer's Cyber Weekend sales (opens in new tab)
- Robinsons SG: great offers on appliances, home entertainment (opens in new tab)
- Samsung SG: pick up a deal on TVs, phones and other Samsung electronics (opens in new tab)
- Secretlab SG: deals on gaming chairs (opens in new tab)
- Shopee SG: deals across a range of goods including tech, homewares and more (opens in new tab)
- XP-Pen SG: pick up a deal on tablets and accessories (opens in new tab)
Black Friday 2022: top tech retailers for Malaysia
- Dell Malaysia: discounts on monitors, laptops and peripherals (opens in new tab)
- Harvey Norman Malaysia: save on whitegoods, appliances and more (opens in new tab)
- Lazada Malaysia: bag a bargain on TVs, vacuums and more
- Lenovo Malaysia: deals on laptops, computer accessories and more (opens in new tab)
- Razer Malaysia: find a deal on pc accessories, laptops and more (opens in new tab)
- Samsung Malaysia: bag a bargain on appliances, phones, TVs and more (opens in new tab)
- Shopee Malaysia: deals on tech, home goods and more
Black Friday 2022: other top retailers
Black Friday 2022: top retailers for Singapore
- Adidas SG: savings across Adidas's range (opens in new tab)
- ASOS Asia: grab a bargain on clothes, accessories and more (opens in new tab)
- Crocs SG: nab a pair of crocs just in time for the holidays (opens in new tab)
- Decathlon SG: pick up sportswear on sale (opens in new tab)
- Puma SG: save on Puma apparel and shoes (opens in new tab)
- Sephora SG: bargains on makeup, skincare and more (opens in new tab)
- Superdry SG: update your wardrobe with savings on clothes, shoes and more (opens in new tab)
- Under Armour SG: offers across sportswear and shoes (opens in new tab)
- Vinemofo SG: pick up a deal on wine just in time for the holidays (opens in new tab)
- Watsons SG: save on skincare and beauty (opens in new tab)
Black Friday 2022: top retailers for Malaysia
- Adidas Malaysia: pick up a pair of sneakers on sale (opens in new tab)
- Sephora Malaysia: save on make-up and beauty products (opens in new tab)
- Watsons Malaysia: great offers on beauty and skincare (opens in new tab)
Black Friday 2022: key information
We’ve gathered all the important information you need to know in the lead up to Black Friday 2022 below. As November 25 approaches, we’ll keep updating this space with all the latest news and key retailer announcements in this section, so you’ll have everything you need right at your fingertips.
What is Black Friday 2022?
If you haven’t yet picked up on what Black Friday is, the main thing you need to know is that it’s one of the best times to pick up a bargain on pretty much anything. This sales period originated in the US, and is always the Friday immediately after their Thanksgiving holiday. American retailers use Black Friday to kick off their Christmas shopping season, with deals based around “doorbusters” – that is, discounts that are so good, doors don’t stand a chance against bargain-crazed shoppers who’ve often been lined up for hours outside of their favourite retailers.
Luckily for us, online shopping has made catching the best deals much more convenient. No longer do you have to brave the crowds at your favourite store. Instead, you can simply open up your laptop or grab your phone, jump online, and dig out the best bargains all from the comfort of your own home.
When is Black Friday 2022?
Black Friday doesn’t fall on the exact same date each year, but it will always adjust to fall on a Friday. This year the date falls on November 25 – exactly a month before Christmas. Just like last year, it falls late in the month, giving shoppers ample time to prepare their wish lists throughout the month.
This massive shopping phenomenon is now a mainstay in Singapore, along with its accompanying Cyber Monday sales. Incidentally, Cyber Monday this year will be on November 28.
The online retail world has opened up huge opportunities for shoppers to get the products they want at the best prices during these sales periods.
What’s the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
Black Friday and Cyber Monday haven’t always been connected. Cyber Monday only dates back to around 2005. Once the shopping sprees of Black Friday were complete, it was the day people realised that Christmas was right around the corner, and they were running out of time to grab their friends and families gifts.
Black Friday originally covered mainly consumer electronics, whereas Cyber Monday covered bargains on things such as clothing and accessories. Cyber Monday was the time online retailers offered fantastic deals to holiday shoppers.
The two now coexist, often sharing sales between them. Early deals for Black Friday now roll on through to Cyber Monday and beyond, merging this holiday sales period into what you could now call “Black Friday, Cyber Monday and the Week Before and After.”
Why do Black Friday and Cyber Monday matter?
How we shop in the lead up to Christmas has changed dramatically thanks to Black Friday and Cyber Monday. The effect they’ve had on the retail industry is massive, especially in the online sphere.
Shoppers now have ample time to shop for bargains, with deals often lasting beyond simply Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Often there’s over a week of this sales frenzy to snatch up what appears to be a good deal, but you should proceed with caution – it's easy to go overboard with bargains flying out from everywhere.
Savvy shoppers can take advantage of TechRadar’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals coverage to save lots of money on the hottest tech in town.
Will there be stock issues during Black Friday 2022?
Key products can move fast during Black Friday and you’ll have to be quick, especially if you want to nab a bargain on already hard to find items. Picking up a PS5 or Xbox Series X can already be a challenge and come November 25, this will likely be the case again. These consoles, along with the Nintendo Switch, are often hot ticket items especially with Christmas right around the corner.
To avoid missing the best deals, we recommend having an idea of what products you want to nab before the sales start. That way, once you spot a price you’re willing to pay, you can snatch up that bargain before stock runs out.
In some cases you’ll be able to nab a deal on some big brands after Cyber Monday, however you might have to wait a little longer to have it in your hands if stock needs to be ordered in. Still, to avoid disappointment or longer delivery times for hot products, we recommend getting in as soon as you see a price you like.
Black Friday 2022: our predictions
There’s no way for us to know exactly what bargains will be available ahead of time, though we can look at what retailers have done prior to get an idea of what we can expect.
- Amazon SG offers up some bargains across tech and big name devices following on from their Amazon Prime Early Access Sale back in October. It’d be worth watching Amazon’s flash sales as well for some snap bargains.
- Both Lazada and Shopee will drop deals throughout Black Friday. Some of these bargains will only be available for a limited time, so you’ll have to keep a watch out to nab those deals.
- You’re likely to find a deal on laptops and computers. Keep an eye on retailers such as Microsoft, Lenovo and Dell, especially if you have a model in mind already.
- Brands such as Apple, Samsung and Microsoft have all released big new products this year. There’ll likely be some nice savings to be had on previous models if you don’t mind not grabbing the latest model.
Black Friday 2022: FAQ
Are Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales held in Singapore?
Absolutely! What was once an American tradition has become much more popular in Singapore over the last five years. You’ll find major retailers such as Amazon, Lazada, Harvey Norman and Microsoft offering huge discounts on a wide variety of products with deals often continuing on beyond Cyber Monday.
What and when is Black Friday?
Black Friday takes place on the Friday immediately after Thanksgiving in the US. Retailers offer massive savings to kickstart the holiday shopping season. In 2022, Black Friday will take place on November 25 – exactly one month before Christmas!
What and when is Cyber Monday?
The Monday immediately after Black Friday is Cyber Monday. This year, Cyber Monday falls on November 28. It was initially the day retailers opened up deals on their websites, but now Cyber Monday has merged into one sale event that we typically call the Black Friday weekend.
What is Black Friday deals week?
The entire week that includes Black Friday and ending on Cyber Monday is known as Black Friday deals week. With early deals becoming more common, this is the week when retailers will offer massive discounts in an attempt to stand out from the competition.
Are Black Friday deals real?
Yes. However, it is worth noting that some deals will have been organised well in advance with brands and suppliers. Much like other sales, there's a combination of genuine bargains and discounted end-of-line stock that makes it into a retailer’s sales page.
Where can I find the best Black Friday deals?
We have you covered right here on TechRadar! Our team rummages through all the top retailers’ Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals so you don’t have to. We’ll let you know exactly what are the best bargains and if they’re worth it – whether it’s a PlayStation controller or a 4K HDR OLED TV, we’ll have all the details here on the best discounted tech goods.
How do I get the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2022 deals?
The best way to get the most out of Black Friday and Cyber Monday is to go in with a plan – know exactly what you want, and how much you can afford to spend on it. Watch the market during October, as retailers will often inflate prices during that month so they can offer huge discounts during Black Friday. Also keep an eye on the actual price of the product, not just the RRP. TVs are the best example of this markup, where the RRP is apparently much higher than the current sales price.
Flexibility will also help you to score the best deal. While this won’t be applicable to everything, if you’ve had your eye on a particular Sony 4K TV, but the exact model you had in mind isn’t discounted during this Black Friday, you might be able to pick up a different model that has near identical specs.
Can I get cashback on Black Friday deals?
On occasion, your credit card may offer cashback on certain purchases. Sometimes there are big brands that also offer cashback when you purchase from a retailer.
How can I stay safe on Black Friday?
Scammers come out in force during Black Friday. Unsolicited emails, or links to deals on social media can be the source of a major headache if you’re not careful. Anything asking for card details or login details might be a scam, so make sure your PC’s security software is up to date leading up to Black Friday as well. Phishing sites do big business during this time. If you’ve kept up to date, it’s likely your security suite will automatically block known scam sites.
Best Black Friday deals from last year
Beats Studio 3 Wireless Headphones |
SG$478 from SG$348 on Amazon SG (save SG$130)
The Midnight Black and Matte Black versions of Beats' excellent Studio 3 Wireless Headphones were reduced massively for Black Friday 2021, with a SG$130 discount. This brought the price down on these noise-cancelling cans to just SG$348 and SG$349 respectively.
LG 55-inch C1 OLED 4K TV |
SG$4,099 SG$2,188 on Lazada (save SG$1,911)
LG's C1 OLED flagship TV was discounted drastically for Black Friday 2021. The 55-inch model of our favourite LG OLED TV came down to just SG$2,188. That was a saving of SG$1,1911, almost half price for a telly that has unrivalled contrast and black levels thanks to its self-light pixels.
Samsung 55-inch QN90A Neo QLED 4K Smart TV (2021) |
SG$5,099 SG$2,349 on Lazada (save SG$2,750)
There was over 50% off Samsung's QN90A Neo QLED TV during last year's Black Friday sales. This was a massive saving on a 4K telly that uses the latest Mini LED backlighting technology to create accurate contrast and blacks that approach OLED levels.
Surface Book 3 (13.5-inch) | from SG$1,919 on Microsoft (save up to SG$779.80)
Microsoft's Surface Book 3 dropped down to under half price during Black Friday 2021. There were some excellent deals on its stylish Surface Laptop 3, with the 13.5-inch model offering anywhere from i5 / 8GB / 256GB to i7 / 32GB / 1TB configurations.