How to connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC or laptop is something you might want to know. That’s especially now that Windows 10 has at last added improved support for the popular Apple AirPods, and because Windows 11 is likely to employ the same support and method.
While AirPods have been able to connect to Windows 10 PCs for some time, this change now means that their audio quality should be improved. Thanks to Windows using Advanced Audio Codec over Bluetooth, the same compression format that AirPods utilize, those Apple earbuds are going to sound better than ever. This is because AAC is able to deliver high-quality audio using smaller file sizes, which also makes it a great choice for all you music streaming fans.
- If demand for AirPods is actually dropping, it's time for the AirPods 3
- How to reset AirPods, AirPods Pro, and AirPods Max
- Skullcandy's budget wireless earbuds are cheap AirPods alternatives
So, whether you’re just recently switched to the Windows environment from macOS or you’re simply enjoying the best of both operating systems, knowing how to connect your Airpods to your Windows computer will come in handy sooner or later. Let us be your guide.
How to connect Apple AirPods to a Windows 10 PC
Whether you have the latest Windows 10 Insider Preview build or not, you can connect your Apple AirPods or AirPods Pro to your PC right now. It's the same as connecting nearly any Bluetooth device, but we'll run you through the steps in case you're in need of a reminder.
- Start by opening up the Settings app in Windows 10
- Next, go to Devices > Bluetooth & other devices
- Turn Bluetooth on using the toggle at the top of the page
- Select 'Add Bluetooth or other device' and then choose Bluetooth
- Open the lid of your AirPods case and hold the button on the back of the case until the charging light starts pulsing white
- Eventually, your PC should detect them (they may be called Headphones at first before the name you’ve given the AirPods loads in)
With that all done you should be ready to enjoy improved Bluetooth audio through your Apple AirPods.
- The cheapest AirPods sales and deals available right now