Disney Plus Day has been and gone for another year, bringing with it a number of exciting new releases and the return of its incredible sign up deal for new and returning customers. Get all the details of everything you missed right here.
With the annual D23 Expo taking place in California from September 9, Disney Plus Day was brought forward from its previous anniversary spot in mid-November.
Once again there were plenty of new and exciting titles across its hubs, including Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar, and National Geographic, as well as enchanting new titles from Disney itself.
Subscribers can now tune into the magical live action retelling of Pinocchio, as well as plenty of behind the scenes magic from Thor: Love and Thunder and Disney Plus Original Obi-Wan Kenobi. And, of course, those looking to get a Disney Plus price discount - you're in luck and can find all the details below!
Disney Plus Day deal
Is there be a Disney Plus Day deal?
Disney Plus: first month | $1.99/£1.99/AU$1.99/CA$1.99
Kicking off Disney's D23 Expo - the huge annual fan event - Disney Plus Day has come early with the same incredible discount we saw last year. New and eligible returning customers can sign up and get their first month for just $1.99/£1.99 coinciding with the arrival of tons of new titles.
Deal expires September 19 11.59pm PT.
Keep in mind the $1.99 rate is only applicable for your first month. Thereafter, your Disney Plus membership will auto-renew at the current monthly rate in your region e.g. $7.99/£7.99/AU$11.99/CA$11.99 a month.
Disney Plus Day date
Disney Plus Day date: when did it taking place?
Two months shy of its three-year anniversary, Disney Plus Day took place on September 8.
Unlike Netflix’s Tudum and Warner Bros’ DC Fandome events, Disney Plus Day won't be live streamed. Instead, fans can keep up to date with reveals via Disney's official social media channels. Any announcements will be made exclusively on Disney Plus US, Disney Plus UK, and Disney Plus Hotstar Twitter accounts, as well as the company's Disney Plus Facebook and Instagram pages. You can also follow the official Disney Plus TikTok channel to check out unique short-form content centered around Disney Plus Day.
Disney Plus Day releases
Disney Plus Day releases: what launched on the streamer?
Ready for a whole other dose of magical entertainment? Here are all the titles announced so far that will be available to stream on Disney Plus Day.
- Pinocchio: Disney has once again sprinkled its pixie dust, well and truly turning Pinocchio into a real boy, transforming the 1940 classic, starring Tom Hanks as Geppetto and new rising star Benjamin Evans Ainsworth as the puppet itself.
- Frozen and Frozen 2 Sing-Along: You know and love it. Now it's time to let it go and let it rip in sing-along versions of both Frozen movies.
- Remembering: An inspiring short film on where ideas come from and where they go once they're forgotten. Sounds adorable.
- Welcome to the Club: As if we couldn't get enough of The Simpsons, this short follows Lisa Simpson as she turns bad in a bid to become a princess.
- Thor: Love and Thunder: After its theatrical release in movie theaters around the world, the latest instalment from the MCU gets its streaming service debut.
- Cars on the Road: It's the automobiles you know and love. Lightning McQueen and Mater star in this own Disney Plus Original series, heading on a road trip to meet up with Mater's sister.
- Tierra Incógnita: For audiences looking for a fright, this Argentinian mystery-horror is sure to do the trick as Eric Dalaras attempts to solve the mystery of his parents' disappearance eight years ago.
- Epic Adventures With Bertie Gregory: The latest documentary from National Geographic, follow Bertie into the stories of many a wild animal in some of the harshest climates.
- Growing Up: From the mind of Brie Larson and Culture.House, Growing Up is a hybrid docu-series that explores adolescence and its many triumphs and challenges.
- Dancing with the Stars: The Pros' Most Memorable Dances: Ahead of the dancing show's finding its new home on Disney Plus, stars look back on some their favorite moments across the competitions 17 years.
- Mike: For those in the UK and Ireland, the release of the Hulu Original Mike will finally be made available, from the creators of I, Tonya comes an 8-part series exploring the ups and downs of Mike Tyson.
- Wedding Season: You're in for a wild ride with this genre-blending TV show following the already engaged Katie who starts an affair with Stefan after falling in love at a wedding. Two months later, Katie's fiancé and his family are murdered.
'Making Of' documentaries and specials
- Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi's Return: One for Star Wars fans, delve into the making of Obi-Wan Kenobi, 10 years after the events of Revenge of the Sith.
- Assembled: Thor: Love and Thunder: The all-star line-up of Marvel's latest instalment divulge details behind the scenes, including Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, and Taika Waititi.
Disney Plus Day announcements
There were plenty of exciting announcements across Disney Plus Day of exciting movies, TV shows, and documentaries on the way, including BTS: Permission to Dance on Stage - LA. One for fans of the South Korean boy band, this concert movie brings footage from the Sci-Fi Stadium in Los Angeles from late 2021.
Star Wars fans can also now get a 9-minute sneak peak of the upcoming Andor TV show, a prequel to the events of Rouge One.
For Dancing with the Star fans, Disney Plus Day also saw a reveal of the full cast for season 31, which will exclusively stream on Disney Plus from September 19.