- Compact, lightweight but immaculately put together and solidly built
- Superb quality for both photos and documents
- Dual full-sized A4 cassette and rear tray paper feeders
- Auto duplex and direct printing onto CDs and DVDs
- Super-fast printing with absolute precision
- No Wi-Fi or Ethernet connectivity
- Lacks all-in-one extras like a scanner
- Running costs are slightly higher than with some of Canon's older printers, such as the iP4500
- No memory card slots so direct photo printing relies solely on the PictBridge interface
- No radical advancements over the older iP4700
TechRadar Our verdict
"The iP4850 is an absolute stunner. Print quality is exceptional and it's immensely fast. At the price, it's an absolute steal."
What do you think?