The Labor Day sales may be known as a bastion of furniture and appliance deals for most, but there's also plenty of excellent tech deals to be found, and, especially as we've found this year, including deals on top smartphones.
We've spotted a few prime Labor Day smartphone deals that we think might just be worthy of your attention - although fair warning, these offers may be expiring tonight, so get your wallets at the ready if you're ready to commit and don't want to let these deals slip through your fingers.
Probably our favorite Labor Day smartphone deal is over at the OnePlus store, which is offering its stunning flagship OnePlus 8 for just $699 (was $799) (opens in new tab) right now. You'll have to use the code OPLD100OFF at checkout to redeem your saving, but once you do you'll also be able to score an additional $100 off some accessories too.
Prefer iPhones? Apple and Verizon both have some amazing offers on right now, including a $450 off trade-in program (opens in new tab) at Apple, and free iPhone SE (opens in new tab) deal at Verizon, which is applicable with every new Unlimited data plan. We've even found a great smartphone deal on the Samsung Galaxy S20 at Amazon for just $849.99 (opens in new tab) - a whole $150 less than the usual unlocked price.
Scroll down to see our full list of the best Labor Day smartphone deals today, or alternatively, see even more options over at our main cell phone deals article.
Today's best Labor Day smartphone deals
$799 $699 at OnePlus (opens in new tab)
Use code: OPLD100OFF to get another $100 off the price of a brand new OnePlus 8 over at their official store this Labor Day. That's a really tempting price for a flagship that will easily square up to the latest offerings from Samsung and Apple, plus, you can get another $100 off on accessories on top right now with every purchase.
Samsung Galaxy S20:
$999 $849.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
A $150 saving from Amazon makes this brand new Samsung Galaxy S20 a whole lot more affordable right now, and a fantastic option if you've been thinking about making that upgrade. You surely won't be disappointed, thanks to the S20's attractive design, 120Hz display, and upgraded rear cameras. Note - this deal is for the 128GB storage version, and even better, all four colors are still in stock.
Apple iPhones: save up to $450 on a new iPhone with eligible trade-in at Apple (opens in new tab)
Another top option if you've got a penchant for unlocked phones, Apple's trade-in program is not only available on a whole range of new devices, but it's terms are also particularly generous. They'll even give you $110 for an old iPhone 7, for example, although if you happen to be trading in one of last year's models the total savings can range all the way up to $450 - awesome value.
Apple iPhone SE: free with a new Unlimited plan at Verizon (opens in new tab)
Even better than a discount is this offer from Verizon, giving away a free iPhone SE with every new unlimited plan right now. Even better still is that this deal is open to everyone - both switchers and existing customers, so you're looking to save yourself at least $120 here - which is the going price on these ($5 a month).
iPhone 11 Pro: save $400, plus up to $850 off with trade-in at Verizon (opens in new tab)
Verizon's running multiple offers on the iPhone 11 Pro right now, which, when bundled together can mean some pretty eye-watering savings. Not only will they give you a $450 rebate if you order online (by tonight no less), but they'll also give you up to $850 off if you're trading in your old phone. If you happen to be switching they'll also throw in a load of Amazon freebies, plus a $150 gift card - phew, that's a lot of deals.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20: get up to $550 off with trade-in plus $150 if you switch (opens in new tab)
Another top phone with big deals at Verizon today. If you've been clamoring for the latest and greatest definitely consider the $550 discount you can potentially score at Verizon by trading in an old device, plus the $150 gift card you'll get if you happen to be switching. You can also get $1000 off with select trade-in and new plan at AT&T (opens in new tab) if you'd prefer.
More Labor Day sales
- Amazon: Save up to 50% on home, fashion and electronics in the Labor Day sale (opens in new tab)
- Apple: $280 off a new iPhone, plus free AirPods with MacBooks and iPads (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy: Smart TVs from just $99 and more for Labor Day (opens in new tab)
- Bitdefender - Get Antivirus Plus 2020 half price (opens in new tab)
- Casper: 15% off mattresses for Labor Day (opens in new tab)
- Cocoon by Sealy: 35% off the Chill mattress - save up to $400 (opens in new tab)
- Dell: $200 off the Dell XPS 13 in the Labor Day sale (opens in new tab)
- Dreamcloud: Save $200 on mattresses + free sheets and protector (opens in new tab)
- Dyson: Up to $200 off Dyson tech for Labor Day (opens in new tab)
- Home Depot: Save up to 40% on small kitchen appliances (opens in new tab)
- HP: Up to 60% off printers, laptops, desktops (opens in new tab)
- IPVanish: Save 46% on VPN privacy + SugarSync cloud storage (opens in new tab)
- Lenovo: Get up to 68% off laptops ahead of Labor Day (opens in new tab)
- Lowes: Up to 70% discounts on furniture, tools, and garden items (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft: Save up to $400 on gaming laptops (opens in new tab)
- MixBook: 45% off photobooks and cards ahead of Christmas (opens in new tab)
- Nectar mattress: $400 off mattresses + $399 of free accessories (opens in new tab)
- Purple mattress: Save up to $350 on mattresses and sleep bundles (opens in new tab)
- Saatva mattress: $200 off luxury mattresses when you spend $1,000 (opens in new tab)
- Tempur-Pedic: Save up to $500 on adjustable mattress sets (opens in new tab)
- Wayfair: Up to 70% off home and garden items in the Labor Day clearance (opens in new tab)