The Mju Tough 8000 is the toughest of the cameras on test, with the joint deepest dive depth, 2m shockproofing and 'crushproofing' up to 100kg too. The metal finish looks good, but is slightly slippery if the camera is wet, and the embossed markings on the buttons aren't always easy to see. The controls are pretty tightly packed and could be tricky to work with heavy gloves on.
- Waterproof to 10m.
- Shockproof to 2m – the toughest of the six cameras on test.
- Freezeproof to -10 degrees and also 'crushproof' up to 100kg.
- 3.6x wide-angle zoom (28-102mm equivalent)
- Dual-format – xD and MicroSD cards (with a supplied adaptor).
- Good colour and exposure but patchy definition.
Read: full Olympus Mju Tough-8000 review