If looks counted for anything, the Ricoh G600 would be the toughest camera around. It's much larger than the most compacts, and has a rubber-like finish that feels much more suited to bouncing off rocks or getting a grip on underwater
- Waterproof to just 1m
- Shockproof to 1.5m, and operates down to a minimum -10 degrees
- 5x wide-angle zoom range (28-140mm equivalent)
- 360-shot battery life around 50 per cent better than the rest
- Big, clearly marked controls which are easy to work wearing gloves
- Quite expensive for what you get
Read: full Ricoh G600 review
Get daily insight, inspiration and deals in your inbox
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
James was part of the TechRadar editorial team for eight years up until 2015 and now works in a senior position for TR's parent company Future. An experienced Content Director with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry. Skilled in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), E-commerce Optimization, Journalism, Digital Marketing, and Social Media. James can do it all.