Heart rate-based training specialist Polar is continuing its Black Friday sale this weekend, with up to 33% off running watches, sensors and accessories. For the uninitiated, Polar makes excellent running watches and heart rate monitors, which are no-fuss, no-frills and used by athletes the world over.
Henry Cavill, better known as Superman and Geralt of Rivia, revealed his Polar running watch was the fitness gadget he “couldn’t live without” in an interview with Muscletech earlier this year. I also used the Polar Vantage V2 for over a year as my go-to fitness watch - when I wasn’t testing other watches, of course - but unfortunately, that’s where the similarities between me and Cavill end.
There are plenty of other Black Friday deals you can still browse this morning if these don't take your fancy - and Cyber Monday deals will be starting soon. But these offers probably won't be changing over the next few days - Polar calls it a 'Cyber week sale' after all. So if you see something you like now, grab it while you can. We've already seen one deal sell out.
The best Polar running watch deals
Polar Vantage V2 running watch:
was $499.95 now $399.95 at Polar
Save $100 on the Polar Vantage V2. The V2 is Polar’s premium running offering, with an accurate heart rate monitor that can calculate running power on the wrist alone. Garmin and other brands require a separate heart rate monitor to calculate this metric. It lasts up to 100 hours with full GPS usage, and it supports multiple satellite systems including GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS for pinpoint-accurate tracking.
Polar Grit X Pro adventure watch:
was $499.95 now $449.95 at Polar
Save $50 on Polar’s awesome adventure watch. The Grit X Pro boasts four stars in our review, using Polar’s GPS smarts to facilitate adventuring. It’s tough, with a sapphire glass and polymer build, and it has the Polar Precision Prime heart rate monitoring tech that makes the Vantage V2 sing. An excellent Garmin rival.
Polar Vantage M2 running watch:
was $299.95 now $200.97 at Polar
Almost the same discount as the Polar Vantage V2, but it’s a greater proportion of the full price of Polar’s mid-range entry, making it a better deal overall. Get most of the Vantage V2’s smarts in a smaller package, with up to 40 hours of training on a single charge rather than 100 and it’s only water-resistant to 30 metres. But that's still more than enough for most people’s needs, at half the price of the V2. Ideal for half-marathon runners.
Polar H10 heart rate monitor:
was $89.95 now $71.96 at Polar
When it comes to pinpoint-accurate heart rate measuring, the H10 is what you need. More accurate than the estimations from most wrist-based watches, the H10 is perfect for serious runners and riders looking to get the most accurate measurements they can. Now save almost $20 on the total price.
Polar H9 heart rate monitor:
was $59.95 now $47.95 at Polar
Polar’s older HRM isn’t dead tech: it packs 400 hours of battery life, Bluetooth and ANT+ connections. It’s not lauded as the ‘gold standard’ of heart rate monitoring as the H10 has superceded it, but there’s plenty to like here and it’s $24 cheaper than the H10.
Polar Vantage V2 running watch:
was £429.00 now £343.00 at Polar
Polar’s premium racing watch is also down in the UK, with £76 off the watch to bring it under £350 - an attractive prospect. If you’re a runner looking for a fitness watch to really level up your performance, Polar’s range of detailed running metrics rivals any of its contemporaries.
Polar Ignite 2 running watch:
was £199.50 now £155.61 at Polar
This is a great buy for someone graduating from 5Ks into longer running and wants to up their game. This little watch provides lots of the metrics and accurate heart rate monitoring of its bigger siblings but in a smaller, cheaper package. A bargain for £155 if you’re a runner and worth picking up over one of the new Fitbits.
Polar Grit X adventure watch:
was £369.00 now £258.30 at Polar
Save over £100 on the Polar Grit X watch, a good adventure companion with great GPS credentials. Normally, we’d recommend picking up a Garmin over the Grit X at full price, but for around £250, weekend warriors will find it tough to choose.
More US Black Friday deals
- Amazon: 50% off TVs, AirPods, clothing & toys
- Apple AirPods Pro 2: down to $199 at Amazon
- Best Buy: up to $700 off TVs, laptops & iPads
- Cheap TVs: $79.99 smart TVs from Best Buy
- Christmas trees: prices starting at $38.99
- Dell: laptops from $299.99
- Dyson vacuums: $150 off cordless vacs
- Gifts ideas: 40% off holiday gifts from Amazon
- Home Depot: 50% off tools & appliances
- Lowe's: $750 off appliances, decor & tools
- Macy's: coats, sweaters & boots from $10
- Overstock: 70% off decor and furniture
- Nectar: up to $500 off mattresses + free gifts
- Nordstrom: 50% off UGG, Nike & North Face
- Samsung: $2,500 off TVs & appliances
- Sephora: 50% off makeup, perfume & gifts
- Target: 45% off toys, TVs, Keurig & more
- Toys: 50% off best-selling toys at Walmart
- Ulta: up to 50% off makeup, hair & perfume
- Verizon: get the iPhone 14 Pro for free
- Walmart: 60% off toys, TVs, vacuums & laptops
- Wayfair: up to 80% off sitewide, + free shipping
More UK Black Friday deals
- Amazon: up to 60% off TVs, laptops, and more
- Adidas: up to 50% off trainers and clothing
- AO: deals on appliances, headphones and TVs
- Argos: up to 1/3 off toys and big TV deals
- Boots: half-price fragrances and make-up
- Box: up to £1,000 off TVs, laptops and PCs
- Currys: 40% off TVs, laptops and vacuums
- Dell: up to 45% off laptops and desktops
- Dyson: save £100 on the Dyson Cyclone V10
- EE: up to £300 gift card with select phones
- Game: PlayStation and Xbox games from £4.99
- John Lewis: up to £400 off TVs and appliances
- Lego: 25% off dozens of sets
- Ninja: save up to £90 on air fryers and pans
- Peloton: up to £500 off
- Reebok: up to 50% off sitewide
- Samsung: up to £250 off phones and tablets
- Shark: up to £220 off cordless vacuum cleaners
- Sonos: 20% off portable speakers and soundbars
- Very: offers on TVs, Lego and fashion
- Virgin: broadband deals from £25 per month
- Wayfair: furniture, lighting and mattress deals
Sign up to receive daily breaking news, reviews, opinion, analysis, deals and more from the world of tech.
Matt is TechRadar's expert on all things fitness, wellness and wearable tech. A former staffer at Men's Health, he holds a Master's Degree in journalism from Cardiff and has written for brands like Runner's World, Women's Health, Men's Fitness, LiveScience and Fit&Well on everything fitness tech, exercise, nutrition and mental wellbeing.
Matt's a keen runner, ex-kickboxer, not averse to the odd yoga flow, and insists everyone should stretch every morning. When he’s not training or writing about health and fitness, he can be found reading doorstop-thick fantasy books with lots of fictional maps in them.