While Sony, LG and Samsung scrap over which high-end screen should grace your living rooms in 2017, Vizio is dedicating its resources to going after the budget-conscious crowd. Its primary tool will be its line-up of 2017 D-Series TVs, which it announced earlier today.
The entry-level model is the 24-inch D24h-E1, which starts at $139, and swells up to 65-inches for the 4K Vizio D65-E0, which will sell for a bargain price of $899. In total, you can expect 12 TVs total in the D-Series, which will update and replace the 2016 models.
The series is divided into three separate specs. At the bottom of the pack is the D24h-E1, a basic LED Smart TV. Up next are the seven full-array HD Smart TVs – the D32f-E1, D39f-E1, D40-E1, D43f-E1, D48f-E0, D50f-E1 and D55f-E0. These have a 1080p resolution and up to 12 active LED zones. Lastly, you’ve got the four fully-array 4K TVs – D43-E2, D50-E1, D55-E0 and D65-E0.
Every TV in the D-Series will offer a smart TV functionality through Vizio’s Internet Apps Plus operating system that brings Netflix, iHeartRadio and more to the on-screen app dock. The operating system is a bit more straight-forward than the one you’d find on the SmartCast E-, M- and P-Series, all of which come with Chromecast built-in and an Android tablet.
Vizio says that high-quality streaming on 4K Ultra HD models is possible thanks to a built-in V8 octa-core processor, HEVC decoding and the latest ultra-fast Wi-Fi standard, 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi, which should help reduce buffering times.
Here’s the full line-up alongside the accompanying price points:
- VIZIO D-Series™ 24” LED Smart TV (D24h-E1) MSRP $139.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 32” Full-Array LED Smart TV (D32f-E1) MSRP $199.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 39” Full-Array LED Smart TV (D39f-E1) MSRP $299.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 40” Full-Array LED Smart TV (D40-E1) MSRP $319.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 43” Full-Array LED Smart TV (D43f-E1) MSRP $349.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 43” Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D43-E2) MSRP $419.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 48” Full-Array LED Smart TV (D48f-E0) MSRP $399.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 50” Full-Array LED Smart TV (D50f-E1) MSRP $419.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 50” Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D50-E1) MSRP $499.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 55” Full-Array LED Smart TV (D55f-E0) MSRP $479.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 55” Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D55-E0) MSRP $569.99
- VIZIO D-Series™ 65” Ultra HD Full-Array LED Smart TV (D65-E0) MSRP $899.99
While these TVs don’t have the most memorable names (a problem Vizio has been struggling with for years) the prices, at least, are real attention-grabbers.
- These are the best 4K TVs of 2017