TerraTec has announced the launch of the Noxon 2 wireless radio iPod dock. It's a wireless audio player which incorporates an iPod docking station, wireless internet radio and intuitive podcast receiver. It also has a multi format network player for music from the hard drive and FM radio.
TerraTec says the Noxon 2 sets a new benchmark in the music player field, saying music played through it "has the best bass and clearest treble levels."
Many music fans have their collections distributed across a variety of media and technologies, resulting in snarled cables, stacks of burned CDs and general file-format chaos. TerraTec reckons that the new Noxon 2 is the answer to these problems - but it comes at a price. When it goes on sale in the UK at the end of this month it will cost £250.
- Wireless audio streaming via WLAN or Ethernet.
- Plays internet radio even without a PC.
- Plays copyright protected music contents in WMA format (including Microsoft DRM10).
- Easy access to music collections via UPnP (MP3 / WMA / AAC / OGG Vorbis)
- USB 2.0 host connects to USB hard disks, USB sticks, and mobile storage-enabled MP3 players.
- Convenient handling via an IR remote control or buttons on the device.
- Large, improved display for viewing title information; with zoom play mode.
- Line Out connects to stereo systems or active speakers.
- Separate headphones output.
- Digital audio output (optical S/P-DIF interface)
- IEEE 802.11 b/g wireless
- 54-MBit/s maximum transmission rate via WLAN.
- WPA2, WPA. and WEP encoding (64 bits/128 bits).
Get daily insight, inspiration and deals in your inbox
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
James was part of the TechRadar editorial team for eight years up until 2015 and now works in a senior position for TR's parent company Future. An experienced Content Director with a demonstrated history of working in the media production industry. Skilled in Search Engine Optimization (SEO), E-commerce Optimization, Journalism, Digital Marketing, and Social Media. James can do it all.