Samsung Galaxy S owners, begin to rejoice: the 2.3 update has been confirmed for users in the UK.
But hold the party poppers if you're not on Vodafone - the big red network is the only provider confirming the Galaxy S 2.3 update for now.
Even if you're not one of the Voda lot, it's still a good sneaky peek into what's coming - and it seems a number of the updates will help fix some of the performance issues still living inside the phone:
- UI Enhancements (simpler and slicker)
- New Android Keyboard, with easy copy/paste feature
- Improved Power Management
- Multiple Camera Management (front and back)
- The ability to switch the device to GSM (2G) only mode has been restored in this update.
Better, faster, stronger
So, the upshot is hopefully the following - better battery life, faster operation with lag reduced, easier typing and more functionality.
However, it won't be a simple case of waiting for your phone to update: the only way to see if you're eligible is to connect it up to Samsung KIES on your computer.