There are already some fine Black Friday smartwatch deals doing the rounds, but the best is arguably a record price cut on the Apple Watch 7 that makes it an excellent buy for anyone in search of a premium fitness tracker.
The deals are available in both the US and UK on different versions of the Series 7, which is largely the same smartwatch as the newer Series 8, barring a temperature sensor and crash detection. At Walmart, you can get the Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS 41mm, Starlight) for just $279 at Walmart, which equals its lowest-ever price.
In the UK, meanwhile, Amazon has just dropped the price of the Apple Watch Series 7 (GPS, 41mm) from £369 to £299 on the Product Red version, which again makes it the cheapest way to pick up up a model that we called "the best Apple Watch yet" only last year. You also get the smug sensation of knowing that some of that price goes towards charity.
Both of these deals are among the best Black Friday Apple Watch deals we've seen so far, though it's also worth noting that you can also buy the Apple Watch SE (2020) for just $149 at Walmartin the US. Still, the Series 7 is a significantly more powerful watch, with a larger display, always-on display and ECG some of the benefits, alongside a greater range of colors.
Today's best Apple Watch deal in the US
Apple Watch 7 (GPS, 41mm): was
$349 now $279 at Walmart
This deal equals the lowest-ever price for the GPS version of the Apple Watch 7, making it a great time to pick up this fine all-rounder smartwatch. Compared to the Series 8, it really only lacks a temperature sensor and crash detection, and packs all the exercise tracking, ECG, Apple Pay and fitness-tracking treats you'd expect, plus compatibility with Apple Fitness (via a separate subscriptions).
Today's best Apple Watch deal in the UK
Apple Watch 7 (Product Red): was
£369 now £299 at Amazon
This is the lowest-ever price for a Series 7 version of the Apple Watch. The Product Red version means some of your money goes to charity, and this model has most of the same features as the newer Series 8, including exercise tracking, an ECG, Apple Pay, compatibility with Apple Fitness (via a separate subscriptions), plus all of the same excellent fitness-tracking powers that we've come to expect.
In our Apple Watch 7 review we praised its always-on display, which is larger than its Series 6 predecessor, and its fitness features. We concluded that "the Watch 7 is a great fitness companion for those wanting to upgrade their fitness, both mentally and physically".
This is because alongside the usual activity tracking, it offers mindfulness options that we found "genuinely refreshing". It might not be the newest smartwatch in Apple's range (that's the Apple Watch 8, which arrived in September), but the Series 7 is almost identical to that new flagship, aside from crash-detection and a temperature sensor for reading your body's heat.
In fact, our Apple Watch 8 review called it "the smallest update we’ve ever seen to the series", which means you aren't missing out on a huge amount by going for the Series 7. The Series 8's typical price is $399 / £419 for the GPS version, although it's available for $349 at Amazon in the US or £399 in the UK from John Lewis.
More US Black Friday deals:
- Amazon: 50% off TVs, Apple Watch, clothing, vacuums, and toys
- Apple AirPods 2: on sale for $234 at Amazon
- Best Buy: up to $700 off TVs, laptops, appliances, and more
- Cheap TVs: $79.99 smart TVs from Best Buy
- Christmas decor: up to 54% off trees, garlands, and wreaths
- Dell: laptops from $299.99
- Gifts ideas: 40% off holiday gifts for the family from Amazon
- Home Depot: 50% off tools, major appliances, and holiday decor
- Lowe's: up to $750 off appliances, Christmas decor and tools
- Overstock: 70% off holiday decor, furniture, and Christmas trees
- Nectar: save up to $500 on mattresses, plus $499 in free gifts
- Nordstrom: up to 50% off UGG, makeup, Nike, jewelry, and more
- Samsung: up to $2,500 TVs, major appliances, and smartwatches
- Target: 45% off toys, Christmas decor, coffee makers, and more
- Toys: up to 50% off best-selling toys at Walmart
- Verizon: get the iPhone 14 Pro for free with trade-in
- Walmart: toys, TVs, vacuums, and laptops starting at $19.99
- Wayfair: up to 80% off couches, rugs, and more, plus free shipping
More UK Black Friday deals:
- Amazon: up to 60% off TVs, laptops, and more
- Adidas: up to 50% off trainers and clothing
- AO: deals on appliances, headphones and TVs
- Argos: up to 1/3 off toys and big TV deals
- Boots: half-price fragrances and make-up
- Box: up to £1,000 off TVs, laptops and PCs
- Currys: 40% off TVs, laptops and vacuums
- Dell: up to 45% off laptops and desktops
- Dyson: save £100 on the Dyson Cyclone V10
- EE: up to £300 gift card with select phones
- Game: PlayStation and Xbox games from £4.99
- John Lewis: up to £400 off TVs and appliances
- Lego: save on popular sets - plus free gifts
- Ninja: save up to £90 on air fryers and pans
- Peloton: up to £500 off
- Reebok: up to 50% off sitewide
- Samsung: up to £250 off phones and tablets
- Shark: up to £220 off cordless vacuum cleaners
- Sonos: 20% off portable speakers and soundbars
- Very: offers on TVs, Lego and fashion
- Virgin: broadband deals from £25 per month
- Wayfair: furniture, lighting and mattress deals
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
Mark is TechRadar's Senior news editor. Having worked in tech journalism for a ludicrous 17 years, Mark is now attempting to break the world record for the number of camera bags hoarded by one person. He was previously Cameras Editor at Trusted Reviews, Acting editor on Stuff.tv, as well as Features editor and Reviews editor on Stuff magazine. As a freelancer, he's contributed to titles including The Sunday Times, FourFourTwo and Arena. And in a former life, he also won The Daily Telegraph's Young Sportswriter of the Year. But that was before he discovered the strange joys of getting up at 4am for a photo shoot in London's Square Mile.