Samsung’s The Frame TVs have two jobs: serve as a gallery-quality digital art display, and then transform into a regular 4K TV to be used for movie and TV-watching or gaming at the press of a button. And while they can’t be said to be a budget TV option, Amazon’s $500 price cut on the 55-inch The Frame as part of its Prime Day Deals event makes that model instantly much more affordable.
Samsung’s new The Frame TVs combine a color-rich QLED display with an anti-glare matte screen that lets you view in bright rooms without seeing any distracting on-screen reflections. You can pick a custom bezel that matches your room’s decor and even switch it to a different one if you redecorate or simply change your mind.
While they’re great for showing artwork – a subscription to Samsung’s Art Store gives you unlimited access to over 1,400 new and classic works, including selections from the Louvre and the Metropolitan Museum of Art – The Frame TVs are equally good at displaying video, with built-in streaming for all your favorite apps, and Samsung’s Gaming Hub for cloud-based gaming via Xbox, Nvidia GeForce Now, Amazon Luna, Utomik, and more.
Samsung 55-inch The Frame QLED 4K Smart TV (2022): was
$1,497.99 now $997.99 at Amazon
Samsung's stunning The Frame TV is always on my Prime Day wish list and Amazon has the 55-inch model on sale for $997.99. The best-selling Samsung Frame TV transforms into a beautiful piece of art to seamlessly blend into your home's decor and includes customizable bezels, a QLED screen, and smart capabilities.
Adding to the value of Samsung The Frame TVs is an included Slim Fit wall mount for hanging the set flush against a wall. A Slim One Connect box with Invisible Connection cable further streamlines the TV’s installation by hiding cables so there’s nothing to distract from the picture frame illusion.
Now selling for under $1,000, a record-low price, the latest version of The Frame TV in a 55-inch screen size is one of the best TV deals I’ve seen during this year’s Prime Day sales. If you’ve been thinking about getting a TV that goes the extra mile by also displaying digital art, this deal is nice enough to hang on a wall.
More of the best Prime Day deals
- Air fryers: save on big brands, from just $39
- Amazon Fire TVs: smart TVs starting at $69.99
- Beats headphones: up to 50% off the latest models
- Blink Cameras: up to 50% off Blink cameras
- Echo Dot: deals starting at $17.99
- Echo Show: save up to $90 on the Echo Show
- Fire TV Stick: starting at $17.99
- Fire tablets: cheap tablets from $39.99
- Kindle: up to 32% off Kindle devices
- Lego: up to 45% off big and small sets
- LG TVs & soundbars: up to 57% off
- Ring Doorbell: 40% off Ring doorbells, cameras & alarms
- Samsung TVs & soundbars: up to 33% off
- Sony headphones: up to 53% off earbuds and cans
- TVs: up to 38% off 4K QLED/OLED TVs
- Vacuums: robot vacuums - up to 50% off
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
Al Griffin has been writing about and reviewing A/V tech since the days LaserDiscs roamed the earth, and was previously the editor of Sound & Vision magazine.
When not reviewing the latest and greatest gear or watching movies at home, he can usually be found out and about on a bike.