It's finally that time of year again: time to honor the long overdue resurgence of the ultimate gaming platform – the PC. Since last year's inaugural PC Gaming Week, the desktop (and/or laptop) has all but skyrocketed to become the foremost place to play games.
From high-end virtual reality making its home first on the PC to the latest consoles looking more like their ancestors every day, we're in the midst of a PC gaming renaissance. A revolution, if you will.
Almost all of us editors here at techradar are PC gamers at heart, so it's high time again we explore what's new in the realm of PC gaming with a magnifying glass – more like a rifle scope. (Shooters will always be better with a mouse and keyboard, after all.)
Join us all week (May 8 through May 14) for features, reviews and how-to guides that put a fine-toothed comb to PC gaming. You'll see explorations of eSports from several angles, interviews with leaders in the PC space, reviews of the latest hardware and ideas for how to take your PC gaming setup to the next level – just to name a few.
Finally, you'll even get a chance to game with some techradar editors (details coming soon)! Strap in, because it's gonna' be a wild ride.
- 18 best VR games: best virtual reality games for PC and mobile
- The 10 things PC gamers hate
- 10 ways to troll in VR: top trolling tips for virtual reality
- 13 crazy PC gaming peripherals to get your hands (and everything else) on
- The 10 best overlooked PC shooters that you shouldn't ignore
- HTC Vive vs Oculus Rift: which VR headset is better?
- The 10 best Mac games: top OS X titles to satisfy your gaming itch
- The 10 best shooters on PC and consoles
- Here are 6 ways to make PC driving games more realistic
- Why Dungeons & Dragons quickly became my PC game to beat
- The 10 best space games on PC that are out of this world
- Techradar's most loved and hated PC gaming characters
- What Windows 10 means for VR and AR
- The 12 best PC zombie shooters of all time
- The 10 best racing games on PC to strap yourself into
- How does your PC compare to techradar's towers of power?
- How to play PC games on a 4K TV
- The 10 greatest Star Wars games of all time
- The 10 best co-op games you can play on PC and consoles
- 6 genres that are always better on PC
- These are the PC games that you can't afford to miss
- 10 best RPGs to play on PC today
- Techradar's favorite PC games of all time
- 8 best shooters on PC and consoles
- 10 of the best YouTubers playing PC games today
- 34 best PC games: the must-play titles you can't afford to miss
- 7 best strategy games for PC and Mac you can play today
- How to benchmark your graphics card
- How the Football Manager video game became a real-life ... football manager
- Razer Turret review
- 10 best open world games on PC today
- 10 games that are far better on PC than on consoles
- Motion sickness and double glazing: the challenges of developing a game for VR
- 10 best football games on PC: top soccer titles for a virtual kickabout
- This tiny gaming PC aims to give you a huge VR experience
- 10 best PC games to play on your living room couch
- Play Rocket League with techradar on Wednesday, May 12
- How Star Wars: Galaxies could have changed the world
- 10 best video game concept art from PC games
- Computex 2016: What we expect to see from Taipei's huge hardware show
- These are the best PC games you can play right now
Article continues below