The Muso satellite speaker and Logo active subwoofer are designed to accompany Arcam's acclaimed Solo hi-fi and Solo Movie home cinema systems. They can also be used to accompany any other hi-fi or home cinema set-up.
Both the Muso and Logo are the result of two years' research and development from the Cambridge, UK based firm. They also take the company into uncharted territory - it's never made its own speakers before, preferring to concentrate on hi-fi and AV sources (CD, DVD players) and amps or receivers instead.
The Muso satellite speaker (£140 each)
The Muso satellite speaker is a 2-way design that combines the latest in woofer and tweeter design and an 8-way crossover into a damped aluminium and steel cabinet.
The result is a speaker that "offers a bass performance far beyond that of a typical satellite design and when placed close to a wall offers superb music performance on its own," according to Arcam.
The Muso is sold individually - enabling you to buy as many or as few as you need: a pair for a stereo hi-fi, for example, or up to seven for home cinema. Its key features are:
- 2-way bass reflex loudspeaker system
- 1x 25mm ultra-light aluminium dome tweeter
- 1x 85mm polymer/aluminium woofer
- 1x front mounted smooth flow, flared 'L shape' bass port
- 8 component crossover with air-cored high frequency inductor on glassfibre PCB
- Gold-plated 4mm binding posts
- Magnetically mounted, acoustically transparent grill
- Aluminium and steel combo cabinet eliminates unwanted resonances
- Magnetically shielded for use near a TV or monitor
- Rubber isolation mat included
- Optional floor stand and wall bracket available
- Dimensions: 120mm (W) x 230mm (H) x 155mm (D)
- Weight: 3kg
The Logo active subwoofer (£500)
Again the Logo sub has been optimised to deliver the best sound quality without forcing you to compromise on placement. It can deliver up to 200W of deep bass oomph with frequencies as low as 35Hz.
- 10-inch down-firing ultra-long throw magnetically-shielded driver
- 2-inch driver voice coil
- 200W class D amplifier
- Left, right and LFE inputs (RCA phono)
- Left, right and LFE outputs (RCA phono)
- 18mm MDF braced cabinet construction
- Crossover frequency control (35Hz-160Hz)
- Volume Control
- Phase control
- Universal power supply (100-250v)
- Dimensions: 295mm (W) x 430mm (H) x 300mm (D)
- Weight: 15kg