Cyber Monday is a great time to save on subscriptions as well as shiny new gadgets, and HBO Max has served up one of our favorite deals of the year.
Right now, you can get an HBO Max subscription for just $1.99/month for the first three months. That's down from the usual $9.99/month, which is a huge discount of 80% off and gives you a big reason to binge through the likes of Games of Thrones spin-off House of the Dragon.
Admittedly, you'll have to put up with adverts - there's no discount on the ad-free version - but that's a small price to pay given you'd be getting three months of HBO Max for less than $6.
(Not in the US? Scroll down for deals in your region).
Today's best Cyber Monday HBO Max deal
HBO Max subscription (with ads): was
$9.99/month now $1.99/month at HBOMax.com
HBO Max features tons of excellent programming on its streaming service like House of the Dragon, Rick and Morty, PeaceMaker, Friends, Big Bang Theory, and more. And this deeply discounted monthly subscription for three months makes the service even sweeter.
HBO Max is a streaming service that hosts a wide variety of excellent programming, whether classic shows or original series. But the subscription fee rarely ever goes on sale, usually only during special events such as Cyber Monday.
In fact, this year's Cyber Monday deals have been great all round for streaming services, with another amazing offer giving you Hulu and Disney Plus for a combined $5/month for 12 months!
It makes sense that streaming services would cut their prices at this time of year, though. The idea behind it is to lure in new subscribers with a great offer, then get them addicted to the lineup of shows and keep them hooked long enough to pay full price.
But of course there's nothing stopping you binge-watching some of the best HBO Max shows, then canceling when you're done, so you've only paid the discounted price. Regardless of whether you choose to stay or leave, this is still an excellent offer that should be taken advantage of while it's still available.
The deal ends tonight, so you'll need to act fast if you want to secure your discount before it's too late.
More Cyber Monday HBO Max deals
Wherever you are in the world, you can find great HBO Max deals using our price comparison tool.
More US Cyber Monday deals
- Amazon: 50% off TVs, AirPods, clothing & toys
- Apple AirPods Pro 2: down to $199 at Amazon
- Best Buy: up to $700 off TVs, laptops & iPads
- Cheap TVs: $79.99 smart TVs from Best Buy
- Christmas trees: prices starting at $38.99
- Dell: laptops from $299.99
- Dyson vacuums: $150 off cordless vacs
- Gifts ideas: 40% off holiday gifts from Amazon
- Home Depot: 50% off tools & appliances
- Lowe's: $750 off appliances, decor & tools
- Macy's: coats, sweaters & boots from $10
- Overstock: 70% off decor and furniture
- Nectar: up to $500 off mattresses + free gifts
- Nordstrom: 50% off UGG, Nike & North Face
- Samsung: $2,500 off TVs & appliances
- Sephora: 50% off makeup, perfume & gifts
- Target: 45% off toys, TVs, Keurig & more
- Toys: 50% off best-selling toys at Walmart
- Ulta: up to 50% off makeup, hair & perfume
- Verizon: get the iPhone 14 Pro for free
- Walmart: 60% off toys, TVs, vacuums & laptops
- Wayfair: up to 80% off sitewide, + free shipping
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
Named by the CTA as a CES 2023 Media Trailblazer, Allisa is a Computing Staff Writer who covers breaking news and rumors in the computing industry, as well as reviews, hands-on previews, featured articles, and the latest deals and trends. In her spare time you can find her chatting it up on her two podcasts, Megaten Marathon and Combo Chain, as well as playing any JRPGs she can get her hands on.