What is it? The Beelink U57 desktop PC is a computer powered by an Intel Core i5 processor that is about the size of a stack of five CD cases.
What makes it special and why should I buy it? It is the cheapest Intel Core i5 desktop PC currently on the market, by a very wide margin. Yes, it is an old processor, but there's more to it than just raw compute power. You won't find a lower price if you're after a Core i5, but if you can prove us wrong, let us know via Twitter.
How much does it cost? This deal is available from Banggood for $259.99 (about £194/AU$350) until December 31, 2020 when you use code BGDec10, which applies to applies to the HK Warehouse. That's an extra $16 off the current sale price of $275.99. Overall, you get almost 40% off its suggested retail price.
Beelink U57 Core i5 mini PC:
$419.39 $259.99 at Banggood
Save $159 by using the exclusive code BGDec10 at checkout (for the HK warehouse). Despite its diminutive size, the U57 will be a very good workstation PC that offers a balanced experience at a cut-throat price. This exclusive offer ends on December 31, 2020.
- We've built a list of the best business printers out there
- Here's our choice of the best all-in-one printers available
- Check out our list of the best laser printers on the market
What else should we know? Let's address the elephant in the room: this PC is powered by a 5-year old Core i5 processor. The Core i5-5257U is not intrinsically a bad processor, but it can't be compared to a recent Core i3, let alone a Core i5. Otherwise, though, it is a pretty decent PC with 8GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD, five USB ports, two 4K-compatible HDMI connectors, a Gigabit Ethernet port and even Wi-Fi 5.
Any cons? At this price, nothing worth mentioning.
Have you reviewed it? Not yet, but we're working on it.
Check out these PC deals where you are
Bear in mind
- If this product ships from mainland China, it will take a month to reach either the UK or US (and potentially more). You may be levied an additional tax, either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.