Boxing Day mattress sales are now live – with several offers on par with what we saw during Black Friday weekend. If you endeavour to improve your sleep in the new year, now is a great time to capitalise on deals from the UK's best mattress brands.
This is doubly true if you're hoping to refresh your overall sleep set-up – think pillows, linens and bed frames. You'll find plenty of mattress bundle deals ongoing, as well. For instance, Nectar is knocking 50% off mattresses and including a free duvet with purchase. Or you can buy a Nectar mattress bundle that comes with sheets, pillows and a bed frame and save up to £1,322
Head below for the three best Boxing Day mattress sales we suggest you check out before it's too late, including the aforementioned Nectar offer. If our recommendations don't tick any of your boxes, we've rounded up a selection of other great year-end sleep sales for you to browse. Let's get shopping...
The 3 best Boxing Day mattress sales
1. Nectar Boxing Day Mattress Sale: 50% off mattresses + free duvet, deals from £374.50 at Nectar
All Nectar mattresses are half-off for Boxing Day. That drops the price of its entry-level Nectar Memory Foam Mattress to as low as £374.50 for a double. However, if you need something that sleeps cooler, the brand-new Nectar Premier Hybrid Mattress has a quilted cool cover to regulate temperature during sleep – and it's on sale from £624 in a double. No matter which Nectar mattress you buy, you'll avail of a 365-night trial (with free returns) plus a Forever Warranty – along with a free duvet (worth up to £130). Alternatively, bundle your mattress with a base, bedding and/or pillows for up to 52% off.
- Read our Nectar Memory Foam Mattress review
2. Simba Boxing Day Mattress Sale: 45% off mattresses, deals from £411.95
This is a repeat of Simba's Black Friday sale. Despite slightly higher RRPs now than we saw a month ago, this discount still yields some of the best prices we've seen all year. Notable is the Simba Hybrid Pro, a medium-firm mattress that excels at relieving pressure and regulating temperature. A double drops to £879.45 (was £1599). You'll get a free mattress protector with purchase along with a 200-night trial plus a 10-year guarantee. You'll also find bed frames and mattress bundles on sale for up to 60% off.
- Read our Simba Hybrid Pro Mattress review
3. Emma Boxing Day Sale: 50% off mattresses, from £249.50 at Emma Sleep
For Boxing Day, Emma is cutting the price of its award-winning Original and Premium mattresses. These are at or near the lowest prices of the year, with an Original dropping to as low as £249.50 (was £499) and a Premium now starting at £399.50 (was £799). You can also pair an Emma mattress with Emma's brand-new Ottoman Bed Frame, pillows and a mattress protector from £1,126.80 (was £2,817). Emma offers a 200-night trial and 10-year guarantee with all of its mattresses.
- Read our Emma Original Mattress review
More great Boxing day mattress sales to shop
- Bensons for Beds: Up to 50% off sale + extra 10% off £650
- Brook + Wilde: 55% off purchases over £450 with code FESTIVE55
- DreamCloud: 45% off its Luxury Hybrid + deals on bundles
- Eve: 60% off selected mattresses, from £199
- Happy Beds: up to 70% off mattresses and bed bases
- John Lewis: 20% off selected mattresses
- Land of Beds: up to 30% off sale mattresses, up to 70% off clearance
- MattressMan: 25% off £750 min. spend + other tiered discounts
- Otty: up to 50% off hybrid mattresses
- Rem-Fit: up to 50% off mattresses + free pillows and protector
Boxing Day mattress sales: quick tips
To make the most of this year's Boxing Day mattress sales, heed these helpful tips whilst browsing to ensure you're getting exactly what you need...
- Know what you want ahead of time: Because saving money on a mattress doesn't mean much if it's the wrong fit for your body type and sleep style. Also consider if you frequently struggle with body aches, sleep warm or share a bed with a restless partner.
- Glean user reviews: This will give you an idea of how a mattress will perform over an extended period of time, especially if a reviewer shares your preferences.
- Research the price history: Doing this will give you a better sense of whether or not you're getting a deal. Fortunately, our dedicated mattress sales page provides information on past discounts to ease that burden on you.
- Don't overlook bundle deals: In some instances, you'll be able to save even more on a mattress if you purchase it with extras – ranging from duvets and pillows to divans.
- Make sure it comes with a trial period: When buying a mattress online sight unseen, you'll want a chance to try it out before committing to it. Plus, it takes roughly three weeks for your body to adjust to the feel of a new bed.
Get daily insight, inspiration and deals in your inbox
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
Alison is a freelance writer and editor from Philadelphia, USA. She is an expert mattress tester and sleep product reviewer, and has been sharing trusted buying advice and retail news for over a decade. When she isn't reviewing mattresses or hunting for deals, Alison can be found teaching/training in martial arts, fawning over skincare, and indulging in her quarantine-borne hobby: cooking.