6. Check the Urbane battery life
While the LG Watch Urbane has a fairly reliable battery life, it suffers from the same problem that all smartphones and watches do: unnecessary app activity sucking up battery life. If you're worried that your battery life is too low, make sure you check the Urbane's "Watch Battery" tab in the settings. You should be able to see which apps are consuming the most power, so that you can stop them from running in the background via the Task Manager for Android Wear app.
7. And improve its battery life
Once you've figured out what's consuming your battery life, it's time to begin improving it. There are a few tricks out there for modifying your device's battery life, including:
- Running your phone on Theater mode. This setting will decrease the watch's movement sensitivity and screen brightness. It also silences all vibrating notifications. You can de/activate Theater mode by double-tapping the power button.
- Decreasing screen brightness. You can adjust this by tapping the "Adjust Brightness" button in the Settings and changing the number accordingly.
- Deactivating always-on screen mode. This little feature was added during Android Wear's 5.1 update, and is designed so that the app that you're currently using will continue to display the relevant screen until the user says otherwise. You can de/activate this mode in Settings.
8. Find your missing phone
We've all misplaced our phones at one time or another. Most people would try to locate it by calling it with a friend or family member's phone, but if you own an LG Urbane, you're in luck.
The smartwatch is compatible with a variety of third-party apps that can help you signal your phone. We recommend downloading a third-party app like Find My Android Phone and making sure it is on your LG Urbane at all times.
9. Skip your PIN Screen
Most users have a locked PIN screen installed on their device, which helps protect their smartphone from theft, unauthorized access and friendly attempts at "hacking" their network. However, constantly having to input that pin can be annoying.
Thankfully, all Android Wear users (including those with an Urbane) can circumvent this screen with a special feature. If a user's Android Wear device is near their phone, then the watch will circumvent the phone's PIN screen and give users instant access to their phone.
Android Wear will attempt to activate this feature every time a user connects their device to another via Bluetooth. However, the feature can be activated manually by accessing the Security tab in the Android Wear's settings and tapping "Smart Lock."
10. Use your watch as an MP3 player
The LG Urbane Watch has 4 GB of storage memory inside for storing all kinds of things, such as apps, contacts and settings. And, if a user is so inclined, they can store MP3s on it as well!
If you have the Google Play Music app installed on your Android phone, then you should see a new button in your settings called "Download to Android Wear." Tapping this will let you transfer music over to the LG Urbane Watch, so that you can listen to your tunes offline whenever your watch is away from your smartphone.
Current page: LG Watch Urbane tips on battery life and morePrev Page LG Watch Urbane tips on the OS and more
Get daily insight, inspiration and deals in your inbox
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.