We've entered the second half of Amazon Prime Day, and as someone who's recently got serious about spinning the Hyperice Hypervolt Hand Percussion Massager (opens in new tab) deal is looking increasingly tempting
I'm normally a runner, but when events and club runs were cancelled, I turned increasingly to spin classes to get my cardio fix. It's great fun (my gym runs Peloton-style Les Mills classes), but seriously hard work.
A good massage can do wonders, relieving stress, improving circulation and helping relax the muscles. The old foam roller is a good way of doing it, but it takes a lot of floor space and quite a lot of time.
- Browse all the latest offers at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Save with a 30-day free Amazon Prime trial (opens in new tab)
That's where percussive massage guns come in, and the Hyperice Hypervolt Hand Percussion Massager (opens in new tab) is particularly appealing. This battery-powered massager has a powerful motor, but is super quiet, and is one of the most affordable models around with a third off for Prime Day. Time to add it to my basket...
If you're not in the UK, scroll down for the best fitness deals near you.
Hyperice Hypervolt Hand Percussion Massager:
£259 £181.30 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £77 - This cordless massage gun is a great deal on Prime Day, with 30% off the regular price. It's powerful but quiet, and comes highly recommended by publications including GQ and Runner's World, among others. It's proving super popular, so grab it before it sells out.
Fitness deals in the UK
There are dozens of other great fitness deals running for Prime Day 2021, particularly on running watches and activity trackers. We've rounded up a selection of the very best offers right here.
Fitbit Versa 2:
£147 £119 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £28 Looking for a cheap Fitbit deal? The Fitbit Versa 2 usually hovers around the £140 mark on Amazon, and we've not seen it lower than £129 before, so this is a deal well worth snapping up. It's not the latest model (that would be the considerably more expensive Versa 3 (opens in new tab)) but it's still a great buy.
£275 £225.47 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £49.53 When we reviewed this hybrid smartwatch last year, we were particularly impressed by its fitness features and classic design, but a little put of by its price. That's no longer an issue, as it's now even cheaper than it was on Black Friday.
Withings Steel HR:
£169.95 £118.95 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £51 This is a solid deal on a stylish hybrid fitness tracker, with essential health stats on a mini LCD screen set into its analog face. It dropped slightly lower than this back in 2019, but it's not been that cheap since.
Withings Steel HR Sport:
£142.98 £117.23 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £25.75 This special edition of Withings' smart hybrid fitness tracker can monitor 30 activities, estimate VO2 max, monitor sleep, and track day and overnight heart rate. Like the regular Withings Steel HR, its price dropped a little lower than this in June 2019, but only very briefly.
Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 6:
£39.99 £27.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £12 This little fitness tracker was already great value, and this Prime Day deal makes it super cheap. Despite that, it's genuinely a great device (we were impressed in our tests) and a good alternative to a Fitbit at a fraction of the price.
Xiaomi Mi Smart Watch Lite:
£54.18 £41.29 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £12.89 More of a fitness tracker than a smartwatch, but a very good one for the price, with 11 workout modes, sleep tracking, stress monitoring, and even GPS, which is almost unheard of at this price bracket. It's well made, too. A real bargain.
£116 £89.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £26.01 The Unite is Polar's entry-level fitness watch, and would be a great step up from a Fitbit if you're starting to take your workouts more seriously. We've not seen it below £98 before, and this price makes it even more beginner-friendly.
TicWatch Pro S:
£222.99 £143.19 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £79.80 The TicWatch Pro S was only released a few months ago, and this is a huge price cut. It's a good-looking smartwatch running Google Wear OS with a good collection of fitness apps. If the superb TicWatch Pro 3 is a little beyond your budget, it's definitely worth your consideration.
£79.95 £63.96 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save £15.99 We rarely see Aftershokz headphones in the sales – at Amazon or anywhere else – so this is a great opportunity to pick up the entry-level set for a bargain price. The OpenMove haven't had a price cut since their launch in September 2020, and may not get another discount before Black Friday.
Fitness deals in the US
If you're in the US, there are also some huge savings on fitness equipment on Prime Day. Again, Amazon has focused its attention on sports watches and fitness trackers, and we've rounded up a selection of the biggest savings here.
Garmin Approach S40:
$239.79 $189.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $49.80 A powerful golf watch to help perfect your performance on the course, the Approach S40 has never been this cheap before, even on Black Friday, making it excellent value on Prime Day. It's almost as feature-packed as the far more expensive S42, and will be a solid investment.
Garmin Approach G10:
$99.99 $79.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $20 A gold watch isn't always the best tool for tracking your game and navigating the course, and this neat little GPS unit and digital scorecard can fit easily on your belt or in your hand. It's not dropped below $90 at Amazon before, so this is a modest but worthwhile saving.
$269.89 $219.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $50 The Venu is one of Garmin's most striking smartwatches, thanks to its vivid AMOLED screen. The newer Venu 2 offers a couple more features, but this is still a top-notch device. It's been hovering around the $260 mark all year so far, and this Prime Day offer is the best genuine deal we've seen.
Garmin Venu Sq Music:
$199.99 $189.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $10 One of Garmin's most fashionable watches, the Venu Sq Music is compact but packed with health and workout tools. It was already a good deal at the original price, at $50 off the RRP, and this offer doesn't knock much more off, but it's still cheaper than you'll find anywhere else.
Garmin Vivoactive 4:
$269.99 $189.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $80 We're fans of the Vivoactive 4 smartwatch at TechRadar, so it's good to see such a big discount on it for Prime Day. This gray and silver model hit $219.99 just before Christmas, but this is the first time it's ever dipped below the $200 mark.
Garmin Vivofit Jr 3:
$79.99 $49.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $30 The Vivofit Jr 3 is a fitness tracker for kids, built to take on the Fitbit Ace. Its regular asking price is pretty steep for a children's watch, but with this Prime Day deal, it's a lot easier to justify as a way to get the little ones more active.
Garmin Instinct Esports Edition:
$299.99 $179.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $120 This is a special edition of the super-tough Garmin Instinct that lets you broadcast your heart rate and stress level while you stream games, but even if you don't use that feature it's still a superb sports watch - particularly with $120 off.
Garmin Instinct Tactical Edition:
$299.99 $179.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $113 If you thought the regular Instinct was tough, this watch goes one further, built to military standards and in a range of earthy colorways. It's never been this cheap before, so sneak up and grab one while Prime Day lasts.
$99.99 $69.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $30 Amazon's screenless fitness tracker monitors is gaining new features all the time, and should be a great investment, particularly at this price. It was slightly cheaper on Black Friday 2020, but if you missed out then, this Prime Day deal is the next best thing.
$249.95 $199.95 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $50 We were hoping for a good deal on Fitbit's top-end smartwatch, and Amazon has delivered. The Sense typically hovers around $280 these days, so this is a very nice saving. If you've been thinking about splurging on the Versa 3, this is a great opportunity to upgrade to the next model up.
More Amazon Prime Day deals in the UK
- Amazon Echo devices: now starting from £9.99 (opens in new tab)
- Amazon Echo Dot:
£49.99£24.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Amazon Echo Show 5 (2019):
£79.99£39.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet:
£89.99£39.99 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Audible Premium Plus: Prime members get 3 months for 99p (opens in new tab)
- Blink Mini security camera: now just £21.99 for Prime members (opens in new tab)
- Deals under £15: save on games, smart home, fashion and more (opens in new tab)
- Fashion: big savings on Amazon brands starting at under £5 (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: Jabra headphones from £69 (opens in new tab)
- Kitchen: Dolce Gusto coffee machines from £59 and more (opens in new tab)
- Laptops: cheap PCs starting at just £199 (opens in new tab)
- MacBook Air M1: £100 off at Amazon - now £899 (opens in new tab)
- PC games: EA titles including The Sims 4 from £7.49 (opens in new tab)
- Prime Video: channel add-ons 99p for three months (opens in new tab)
- PS5: Demon's Souls, Immortals and more discounted now (opens in new tab)
- Smart home: Ring Video Doorbell from £35 (opens in new tab)
- Smartwatches: Fitbit Charge 4 now £99 (opens in new tab)
- TVs: 4K smart TVs from £298 (opens in new tab)
More Prime Day deals in the US
- Amazon devices: early Prime offers from $14.99 (opens in new tab)
- Amazon Echo Dot: 2 for $49.98 with code PDDOT2PACK (opens in new tab)
- Amazon Echo: 2 for $119.98 with code ECHOPRIME (opens in new tab)
- Audible Premium Plus: save 53% on your first 4 months (opens in new tab)
- Apple Watch Series 6 (40mm, GPS): $399 $279 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
- Deals under $25: save on games, smart home, fashion and more (opens in new tab)
- Fashion: men's and women's fashion from $14 (opens in new tab)
- Headphones: save on Sony, Beats, Bose and more (opens in new tab)
- iPad (8th generation): was $329 now $299 (opens in new tab)
- Kitchen: save up to 42% on Cusimax, Cosori, Instant Pot and more (opens in new tab)
- Laptops: Chromebooks, MacBooks and gaming laptops discounted (opens in new tab)
- Nike: save on NBA jerseys, sneakers, and more (opens in new tab)
- Nintendo Switch: big titles now $10 off (opens in new tab)
- PS5: now starting at $29.88 (opens in new tab)
- Smartwatches: save up to 35% on Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 (opens in new tab)
- Subscription boxes: 50% off for Prime members (opens in new tab)
- TVs: Fire-enabled smart TVs starting at just $99.99 (opens in new tab)