iRobot Roomba robot vacuums are some of the most desirable available, and there are plenty of Roomba Black Friday deals to be had in this year's sales. In general, robot vacuums are some of the best gadgets to grab in the Black Friday deals, with significant discounts at all price ranges.
Of all the chores I dislike, I particularly disagree with vacuuming. It's loud, it requires me to move far too much and, especially in my current apartment, I have to do it a lot. That all changed when I recently tested the robot vacuum of my dreams - the iRobot Roomba Combo j7+.
Honestly, it's been a game-changer. While I still need to vacuum occasionally for a deeper clean, I've freed up at least an hour every week.
However, it's not always been plain sailing between me and robot vacuums. Most of the robot vacuums I tried before this were more budget-friendly models, and while they're still useful, they can be more of a burden than a boon. It's a little like having a cleaning toddler - they require a lot more hands-on management, and sometimes aren't even smart (or safe) enough to leave alone.
The key to maximizing the time-saving opportunity presented by these handy little bots is ensuring you go for one with a high IQ. This does bump up the price, but you get what you pay for. The biggest time-saving features are self-emptying, object detection, advanced navigation and easy automation via an app.
While the Roomba Combo j7+ and its magical combination of smart tech, vacuuming and mopping are unlikely to appear in the sales, plenty of other incredibly powerful and intelligent robovacs from iRobot and other brands will be.
Ready to reclaim your time? Here are some of the best deals on intelligent, time-saving robot vacuums.
(Not in the US? Scroll down for the best robot vacuums in your region).
Black Friday intelligent robot vacuum deals (US)
iRobot Roomba j7+: was
$799 now $589 at Amazon
The j7+ is the non-mopping sibling of my all time favorite robot vacuum, but in every other way performs exactly the same. In our review we gave the j7+ a lofty 4.5 out of 5 for its excellent pick-up and its self-emptying capability, which is a great time-saver. In the Black Friday deals, it's 25% off, which is a higher than its record-low price last week. We've never seen this model this cheap on Amazon before.
Eufy RoboVac X8: was
$499.99 now $299.99 at Amazon
While it's Eufy's most expensive robot vacuum to date, over Black Friday you can get it for its lowest ever price. At 40% off, it's a great deal. In our review we found it powerful with plenty of new intelligent features, but it's a little tall.
Black Friday intelligent robot vacuum deals (UK)
iRobot Roomba j7+: was
£899 now £619 at iRobot
The j7+ is the non-mopping siblings of my all time favorite robot vacuum, but in every other way performs exactly the same. In our review we gave the j7+ a lofty 4.5 out of 5 for its excellent pick-up and its self-emptying capability, which is a great time-saver. In the Black Friday deals, it's 25% off, which is a higher than its record-low price last week. We've never seen this model this cheap on Amazon before.
Ultenic T10: was £
599.99 now £369.99 at Amazon
If you want a hybrid robot vacuum cleaner which self empties and is suitable for homes with pets, then now is your time to invest. With a saving of £230 you can't go too far wrong with this deal, especially since we rated it 4 out of 5 stars in our review for all the tech that it has to offer.
Eufy RoboVac X8: was
£449.99 now £300 at Amazon
So right now you can get this robot vacuum cleaner for it's cheapest price, ever, with £149 off the price for Black Friday. In our review we found it powerful with plenty of new intelligent, although it's not the slimmest. If you want an automated clean then this deal is a good place to start with.
In terms of the robot vacuums you'll want to avoid, it depends mostly on your needs, but below we've listed some of the key features to look out for. If the vacuum you're looking at buying doesn't have them, or at the very least doesn't have ones you know will benefit your home, we'd recommend looking elsewhere.
- Cliff detection: This one is pretty fundamental, especially if you have stairs in your home, allowing the vacuum to detect drops and avoid damaging itself. Most robot vacuums now have this feature, but always double check
- Home mapping: A lot of vacuums will claim to have home mapping, but what's key is choosing one that can remember the map it has made of your home. This reduces the risk of it bumping into things, or worse, damaging them.
- Obstacle detection: This is one of the most sought-after features, preventing your vacuum from barreling into obstacles around your home like wires, toys and even pet poop. Having this feature means you don't have to tidy up before every clean, reducing hands-on maintenance.
- App control: This will depend on your own preferences, but an app can be an amazing benefit, especially if you want to remotely work your vacuum. Just because a robovac has an app doesn't mean it's good, of course, so always check out reviews.
- Self-emptying: It's a bit of a luxury feature, but self-emptying robot vacuums can even further reduce the required legwork, reducing how frequently you need to manually empty the internal dustbin.
- Battery: Battery life is, of course, important, but more so important is how your robot vacuum behaves when it's running low. Look for vacuums that can return home, charge, and continue their cycle if you want one that won't give out mid-clean
Scroll down for more Black Friday deals in the US and UK.
More Black Friday deals
- Amazon: up to 60% off TVs, laptops, and more(opens in new tab)
- Adidas: up to 50% off trainers and clothing(opens in new tab)
- AO: deals on appliances, headphones and TVs(opens in new tab)
- Argos: up to 1/3 off toys and big TV deals(opens in new tab)
- Boots: half-price fragrances and make-up(opens in new tab)
- Box: up to £1,000 off TVs, laptops and PCs(opens in new tab)
- Currys: 40% off TVs, laptops and vacuums(opens in new tab)
- Dell: up to 45% off laptops and desktops(opens in new tab)
- Dyson: save £100 on the Dyson Cyclone V10(opens in new tab)
- EE: up to £300 gift card with select phones(opens in new tab)
- Game: PlayStation and Xbox games from £4.99(opens in new tab)
- John Lewis: up to £400 off TVs and appliances(opens in new tab)
- Lego: 25% off dozens of sets(opens in new tab)
- Ninja: save up to £90 on air fryers and pans(opens in new tab)
- Peloton: up to £500 off
- Reebok: up to 50% off sitewide(opens in new tab)
- Samsung: up to £250 off phones and tablets(opens in new tab)
- Shark: up to £220 off cordless vacuum cleaners(opens in new tab)
- Sonos: 20% off portable speakers and soundbars(opens in new tab)
- Very: offers on TVs, Lego and fashion(opens in new tab)
- Virgin: broadband deals from £25 per month(opens in new tab)
- Wayfair: furniture, lighting and mattress deals
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.
Josephine Watson (@JosieWatson) is TechRadar's Managing Editor - Lifestyle. Josephine has previously written on a variety of topics, from pop culture to gaming and even the energy industry, joining TechRadar to support general site management. She is a smart home nerd, as well as an advocate for internet safety and education, and has also made a point of using her position to fight for progression in the treatment of diversity and inclusion, mental health, and neurodiversity in corporate settings. Generally, you'll find her watching Disney movies, playing on her Switch, or showing people pictures of her cats, Mr. Smith and Heady.