If you're hunting for an affordable business PC for your work-from-home setup this Cyber Monday (and afterwards), then the Dell Inspiron 3880 PC might just be what you need and now, thanks to a little-known trick, you can get it for around 20% cheaper.
The trick is to transform a consumer PC into a workstation PC. The Inspiron 3880 sells for $559 on Dell's business website but only for $450.79 on its consumer website. Note that this is not a time limited offer.
In both cases, the configurations are similar: a 10th generation Intel Core i3-10100 processor with four cores and a base speed of 3.6GHz, Windows 10 Pro, 8GB of RAM, a 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth, a DVD writer and 1-year hardware service with onsite/in-home service after remote diagnosis.
The only (major) difference is the security software: McAfee Small Business Security (for the business model) and McAfee LiveSafe (for the consumer one), both 12-month subscriptions.
- We've built a list of the best business computers out there
- Here's our choice of the best business monitors available
- Check out our list of the best business Macs on the market
The 200W power supply unit might be a bit of a tight fit for any significant upgrades, something you might be interested in doing as there's four expansion slots. Add in eight USB ports, a VGA connector, HDMI output, a Gigabit Ethernet port and two audio connectors and you have a versatile computer that has plenty of potential. And yes, you do get a keyboard and a mouse as well but no monitors.
- We've also highlighted the best video editing computer
Bear in mind
- If this product ships from mainland China, it will take a month to reach either the UK or US (and potentially more). You may be levied an additional tax, either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Désiré has been musing and writing about technology during a career spanning four decades. He dabbled in website builders and web hosting when DHTML and frames were in vogue and started narrating about the impact of technology on society just before the start of the Y2K hysteria at the turn of the last millennium.
Shattering the 'copper or optics' paradigm: humble plastic could become key material in race to conquer AI data center market - it is cheaper, lighter, thinner and more power efficient
World's smallest external GPU gets welcome upgrade for creative pros - higher TDP, better Thunderbolt connection but still running on RX 7600M XT