Cheap Xbox controller deals aren't too easy to find outside of bigger sales events, though now that the next generation of Xbox Wireless (or 'Core') controllers are in the wild we may start to see prices on the older Xbox One model dropping.
Retailers rarely lower their Xbox controller prices, however if you know where to look you can usually shave a few dollars or pounds off that final price tag. We're showing you exactly where to find the best Xbox controller deals on whichever model you're looking for.
Consoles only ship with one Xbox controller these days, which can be frustrating if you like to have a spare charged, keep one ready for multi-player use, or pair one with a PC in a different room. That means a second controller is often the first accessory to be bought, but don't let those high MSRPs put you off.
We've seen a strong selection of cheap Xbox controller deals from Microsoft itself so far, including the latest Core models designed for the Series S and X as well. So, if you're looking to buy Xbox Series X this year you'll want to stay on top of the latest Xbox controller prices just below.
- Browse all the latest Xbox game deals
- Find cheap Xbox Live Gold subscription prices
- Check out all the latest cheap gaming keyboard deals
Xbox Series X wireless controller deals
Cheap Xbox One controller deals
Xbox Elite Wireless controller deals
The original Xbox Elite Wireless controller has now been discontinued, with the Series 2 taking up its place on the shelves. You're paying a considerable premium to play with the turbo-charged gamepad here, but picking up more customization options, adjustable trigger settings, and a built-in wireless charging battery as well.
How to find a cheap Xbox controller
Cheap Xbox controllers can be difficult to find outside of major sales events like Black Friday or Amazon Prime Day. However, we do see sales popping up throughout the year that can save you some serious cash on a spare gamepad. Whether they're discounts direct from Microsoft or part of a wider sale at Best Buy, Walmart or Amazon, the comparison charts above will point you towards the cheapest Xbox controller prices available right now.
If you want to take a look for yourself, you'll find all the best retailers for finding a cheap Xbox controller deal in either the US or UK just below.
- Microsoft - all the latest colors and a few discounts
- Amazon - regular discounts and cheaper alternatives as well
- Walmart - frequent savings on PowerA and official gamepads
- Best Buy - price-matches other sales and usually has good stock levels
- Newegg - better for third party devices and accessories but great prices
- Microsoft - widest range of colour options available
- Amazon - frequently offers additional discounts on Game Pass
- Currys - price matches other sales with extra freebies included
- Argos - great prices on official and third party controllers
- John Lewis - smaller range but two year guarantee included
- Ebuyer - regular discounts and often lowest prices around
- The Game Collection - low prices and budget accessories available
Cheap Xbox controller alternatives
If you don't want to spend the $40-$50 / £40 - £50 on an official Xbox controller, you can find cheaper third party options on the market. You're not getting the full sensitivity of the newer gamepads here, and you may be losing a little of that super fast connection in the Core models as well, but if you just need a way to push some buttons we'd recommend checking out PowerA and PDP's options as well.
However, if you're going for something a little more technical, the Razer Wolverine controller offers greater customization than the standard Xbox controller for a slightly higher price as well.
- Check out the latest cheap Xbox One deals and sales