A recent stock shortage means it's been hard to find any cheap Xbox controller deals. The situation has improved now, though, so we've gathered up exactly where to buy a new gamepad for the best price today that will work on your Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One and PC.
Consoles only ship with one Xbox controller these days, which can be frustrating if you like to have a spare charged up, keep one ready for multiplayer use, or pair one with a PC in a different room. That often means a second controller is one of the first accessories bought after a new console, but don't let the high price put you off.
Not got a console yet? Take a look at our hub that tracks where to buy the Xbox Series X throughout the year, including all the latest deals and bundles from the major retailers now stock has stabilised. And if you want something to play with your new controller, why not browse all the latest Xbox game deals or see what Xbox Game Pass deals are available today for Microsoft's gaming subscription service.
Xbox Wireless Controller deals
You can usually shave off a few dollars or pounds of an Xbox controller if you know where to look - and we've picked out all of today's offers below so you have the best chance of finding one for less. All major color options are featured too, so you can pick the one that suits your style for your Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One or PC.
Xbox Elite Wireless controller deals
The original Xbox Elite Wireless controller has now been discontinued, with the Series 2 taking up its place on the shelves. You pay a considerable premium to play with the turbo-charged gamepad here, but this controller comes with more customization options, adjustable trigger settings and a built-in wireless charging battery.
How to find a cheap Xbox controller
Cheap Xbox controllers can be difficult to find outside of major sales events like Black Friday or Amazon Prime Day. However, we do see sales popping up throughout the year that can save you some serious cash on a spare gamepad. Whether they're discounts direct from Microsoft or part of a wider sale at Best Buy, Walmart or Amazon, the comparison charts above will point you towards the cheapest Xbox controller prices available right now.
If you want to take a look for yourself, you'll find all the best retailers for finding a cheap Xbox controller deal in either the US or UK just below.
- Microsoft - all the latest colors and a few discounts (opens in new tab)
- Amazon - regular discounts and cheaper alternatives as well (opens in new tab)
- Walmart - frequent savings on PowerA and official gamepads (opens in new tab)
- Best Buy - price-matches other sales and usually has good stock levels (opens in new tab)
- Newegg - better for third party devices and accessories but great prices (opens in new tab)
- Microsoft - widest range of colour options available (opens in new tab)
- Amazon - frequently offers additional discounts on Game Pass (opens in new tab)
- Currys - price matches other sales with extra freebies included (opens in new tab)
- Argos - great prices on official and third party controllers (opens in new tab)
- John Lewis - smaller range but two year guarantee included (opens in new tab)
- Ebuyer - regular discounts and often lowest prices around (opens in new tab)
- The Game Collection - low prices and budget accessories available (opens in new tab)
Cheap Xbox controller alternatives
If you don't want to spend the $40-$50 / £40 - £50 on an official Xbox controller, you can find cheaper third party options on the market. You're not getting the full sensitivity of the newer gamepads here, and you may be losing a little of that super fast connection in the Core models as well, but if you just need a way to push some buttons we'd recommend checking out PowerA and PDP's options as well.
However, if you're going for something a little more technical, the Razer Wolverine controller offers greater customization than the standard Xbox controller for a slightly higher price as well.