It's said that the DLC will completely revamp the base game, changing the systems that were implemented at launch into something new and improved, but it was later confirmed that some of those features will be added to Cyberpunk 2077 with a free update as well.
Update 2.0 will be released a few weeks ahead of Phantom Liberty, but what exactly are players paying for and what are they getting for free with patch 2.0? CD Projekt Red has officially revealed the details for those planning on either playing the new base game content or the paid DLC. You can read the full breakdown below.
Check out this handy infographic about the main features coming to #Cyberpunk2077 together with the #PhantomLiberty expansion — and the ones that will be added to the game in the free Update 2.0! pic.twitter.com/ky8LBu6rHNSeptember 1, 2023
Update 2.0 - free update
- Redesigned skill trees and perks
- Revamped cyberware and new capacity system
- Vehicle combat and car chases
- Combat Al improvements
- New police system
- Ul and UX improvements
- Loot, items, and crafting changes
- New radio stations (including Community Radio Station Growl FM)
Phantom Liberty - paid DLC
- Dogtown – a dangerous new district
- Brand-new storyline and characters
- New quests, gigs, boss fights, and more
- Vehicle missions and airdrops – endless dynamic events
- All-new Relic skill tree and abilities
- 100+ new items – weapons, cyberware, cars, and fashion
- Vehicle missile launchers
- Level cap increased to 60
Phantom Liberty will cost £25 at launch, and while patch 2.0 will be free, both will only be available on PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. CD Projekt Red confirmed it would be ditching last generation consoles in favor of current gen when the expansion was announced.
Sign up to receive daily breaking news, reviews, opinion, analysis, deals and more from the world of tech.