The LG Viewty (KU990/U990) is LG's hot new 5.1-megapixel cameraphone that uses a touchscreen user-interface and comes equipped with 3G HSDPA high-speed mobile broadband technology. The LG Viewty uses a similar minimalist design style to the Prada Phone by LG - and, of course, Apple's iPhone.
LG officially announced the Viewty late last month, and has been showing the device at the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin. The 5.1-megapixel camera uses Schneider Kreuznach optics with a manually controlled digital zoom and autofous. The camera can shoot video at 120 frames per second, allowing super slow motion replay, and the LG Viewty has an image stabiliser onboard too.
The LG Viewty also has a fast YouTube upload application and a Google application package onboard offering a spread of Google services. HSDPA technology enables full internet browsing and downloading at speeds of up to 3.6Mbps.
The LG Viewty's large 3-inch touchscreen is at the core of the phone's navigation and control system, although there is also a jog wheel option for scrolling through menu options. Handwriting recognition is featured, and users can also add scribbled notes to images.
The touchscreen-operated LG Viewty will be available from all main UK retailers and on the UK's five main mobile networks from mid-October. Prices will be dependent on contracts.
LG Viewty - key features
- Touchscreen and 3.0-inch Wide Flat LCD Screen/Mobile XD Engine/landscape view
- High speed video capture at 120 frames per second
- Jog wheel for resizing pages in web browser/zooming in and out when taking photos/raising and lower volume during calls
- Direct uploading to YouTube.com/Google Package
- Schneider-Kreuznach certified lens; 5.1-megapixel AF/MF Camera with Xenon Flash
- Image Stabiliser with a direct key/ISO 800/SmartLight
- Handwriting Recognition/Handwriting Editing
- DivX mobile profile, TV out, document viewer
- 3G HSDPA (3.6Mbps), WCDMA, Tri-band (GSM/EDGE)
- Display: 240 x 400 (WQVGA), 3.0-inch, 262K TFT-LCD
- Dimensions: 103.5mm x 54.4mm x 14.8mm