The idea of using an inward bending monitor to enhance immersion is usually associated with gaming or consuming entertainment media, but there’s also genuine interest from professionals who desire color uniformity and, let’s be honest, something slightly different.
Well, the Viotek NB24C could be all this and more; this is the smallest and the cheapest curved display we've come across. Its size (24-inch) and price ($109.99/around £85) are also ideal if you want to set a couple of them side by side for even more curvature.
Viotek claims its frameless 1800R curved display offers full HD, 16:9 widescreen and pixel-perfect clarity with a 75Hz refresh rate.
- Check out our list of the best business monitors on the market
- We've built a list of the best interactive kiosk providers around
- Here's our choice of the best portable monitors available
Since the monitor is compatible with AMD’s Freesync, input lag, image ghosting, tearing and stutter will also be reduced - a bonus for gamers.
The small print shows the panel is an LED back-lit LCD hybrid that has a 1M:1 dynamic contrast, 16.7M colors and 96% sRGB gamut. Note, there are also six preset screen settings and a pair of 3W speakers (but no audio in).
The monitor also offers VGA and HDMI ports, a VESA adapter to mount the monitor, plus anti-glare treatment and an eye-saver mode to filter out harmful blue light.
As with all Viotek monitors, the NB24C has a three-year limited warranty and is supported by US-based customer service team.
- Here's our list of the best large format displays money can buy
Bear in mind
- It's unclear whether Viotek will ship the NB24C to non-US territories, so international customers may have to use a specialist parcel forwarding service to take advantage of the deal
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip out hat to you.
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Désiré has been musing and writing about technology during a career spanning four decades. He dabbled in website builders and web hosting when DHTML and frames were in vogue and started narrating about the impact of technology on society just before the start of the Y2K hysteria at the turn of the last millennium.