Featuring a 20W tool head, this upgraded version of the popular Ortur Laser Master increases the working area to a huge 400 x 430mm while keeping the overall cost low.
The 20W version is the highest-rated of the range, which also includes 7W and 15W models. The 7W is ideal for those looking for a simple laser engraver, the 15W will engrave and cut thinner materials and the 20W enables faster engraving and cutting speeds with greater material compatibility.
The STM32 MCU controls the new model and enables S0-S1000 of laser power, speeds of up to 3000mm/min and also includes a host of safety features.
- We've built a list of the best business printers out there
- Check out our list of the best 3D modelling software around
- Here's our list of the best large format printers available
Increased speed and power isn’t the only advantage of the 32bit motherboard - it also delivers far greater accuracy compared with a standard 8-bit board. With 12.5um high precision accuracy for the X-axis, 300 pixels per inch and 0.81um pixel precision, the Laser Master 2 is far superior to standard 8-bit machines.
The updated 20W model is also compatible with a large range of materials, including cardboard, wood, plastic and more.
The laser cutter requires some assembly and takes between 10-20 minutes to get up and running. The metal construction is simple and effective, and the build is straightforward enough for even a novice to perform.
Once constructed, the laser cutter can be plugged into a Windows, Mac or Linux-based machine and uses LaserGRBL or LightBurn (depending on the OS) to handle the files and translate them into cutting or engraving paths.
The Ortur Laser Master 2 is one of the cheapest laser engraving machines on the market and offers great value with the powerful 20w tool head and 32-bit motherboard.
- Check out our list of the best 3D printers out there
Bear in mind
- If this product comes from mainland China, it will take a month to arrive in either the UK or US (and potentially more). You may be levied an additional tax either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specification, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Désiré has been musing and writing about technology during a career spanning four decades. He dabbled in website builders and web hosting when DHTML and frames were in vogue and started narrating about the impact of technology on society just before the start of the Y2K hysteria at the turn of the last millennium.