6. For your adaptor to work with this it needs a SMA reverse polarity screw connection, which looks like this.
7. We need to make a custom SMA to N Plug cable. Expose 1cm of cable and 3mm of the core, tin this and solder it to the contact. Slide this into the shell, fold up the ground wire and crimp the sheath in place.
8. At the other end fix the N Plug. Instructions can be found here.
9. We're now ready to go, hook up the cantenna to your router or PC.
10. In testing the basic antenna hit high 60 percent scores, and adding the bumpy cantenna boosted scores to the low 80s, but lined with foil to emulate a smooth can it hit 90 percent power.
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.