Doogee S88 Pro rugged smartphone - $199.99 at AliExpress
Despite having only launched very recently, this rugged smartphone from Doogee has already seen a price cut. It boasts Android 10, wireless charging, four cameras and a whopping 10,000mAh battery to boot. Grab it while you can!
Meet the S88 Pro, just launched by prolific rugged smartphone vendor Doogee.
At $199.99 (£163.08/AU$292.37) from AliExpress, it's the cheapest big battery mobile on the market, with a capacity of 10Ah (10,000mAh). But there’s more to it than just just a humongous battery capacity.
The S88 Pro is the first of its kind to come with Android 10, it's powered by a Mediatek Helio P70 CPU with 6GB of memory and also boasts 128GB onboard storage and a 6.3-inch full HD display with anti-fingerprint printing and Corning Gorilla Glass overlay.
- Check out our list of the best rugged smartphones on the market
- Here's our list of the best business smartphones available
- We've built a list of the best rugged storage of 2020
Taking inspiration from a famous MCU movie, Doogee also included a pair of “unique multi-function LED lights” at the rear, which we think are a little tacky and could prove distracting. It's also unclear whether this feature complements or replaces the usual front-facing status lights.
It's also worth noting the device can function “normally” between -55 degrees and 70 degrees, so it will survive both hot and freezing climates.
So, what else is going on in the world of ruggedized smartphones?
Blackview is about to launch a new smartphone, the BV6300 Pro, which it bills as the world’s fastest thermal rugged smartphone. It costs the same amount as the S88 Pro but has a much smaller battery.
If you're after an alternative, meanwhile, the Blackview BV9100 has an even bigger battery (13,000mAh), but costs more and has a significantly inferior set of components (slower CPU, a third less memory, half the storage, and a lesser camera sensor).
- Here's our list of the best rugged tablets on the market
Bear in mind
- If this product comes from mainland China, it will take at least a month to reach either the US or UK (and potentially more). You may be levied a tax either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Désiré has been musing and writing about technology during a career spanning four decades. He dabbled in website builders and web hosting when DHTML and frames were in vogue and started narrating about the impact of technology on society just before the start of the Y2K hysteria at the turn of the last millennium.