XCY M1K PC stick - $159.00 at AliExpress (opens in new tab)
This mini PC from XCY is barely any larger than a chocolate bar, yet it runs on Windows and packs 4GB RAM and 128GB storage. Check out this curiosity for yourself.
XCY appeared on our radar a few weeks ago when it launched a mini PC (opens in new tab), similar to the Chuwi LarkBox (opens in new tab), that packs 8GB of RAM and a 128GB SSD.
The company has taken the same configuration, tweaked it slightly and placed it in a PC stick called the M1K (opens in new tab), which is barely any bigger than a bar of chocolate (similar to the Minisforum S41 (opens in new tab)).
The CPU remains the same: the quad-core, quad-thread Intel Celeron N4100, which still requires an active heatsink fan. The device connects to a monitor via an HDMI port and features two USB 3.0 slots on one side and a microSD on the other, next to a proprietary power-in (which is a bit of a disappointment).
- Check out our list of the best business laptops (opens in new tab) out there
- We've built a list of the best USB drives (opens in new tab) available
- Here's our choice of the best business computers (opens in new tab) around
XCY halved the system memory to 4GB (LPDDR4) and the system storage switched to slower eMMC rather than a SATA-based SSD.
Wi-Fi is handled by the Intel Wireless-AC 7265, which features 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.2. Other than Windows 10, the only other notable feature is the bundled HDMI adapter cable.
The main issue with this form factor is that fitting it at the back of a monitor is perilous to say the least, given most HDMI ports face the wall, rather than down. On top of that, the M1K's size (135 x 45 x 15mm) means it might prove incompatible with some televisions due to clearance issues.
- Here's our list of the best thin clients (opens in new tab) out there
Bear in mind
- If this product comes from mainland China, it will take at least a month to reach the UK or US (and potentially more). You may be levied a tax either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.