Beelink GTR Pro mini PC - $348/£267 from IndieGogo
We're regularly impressed with the work of up-and-coming manufacturer Beelink, but this mini PC is next level. Built around the AMD Ryzen 5 3350H and featuring a few interesting innovations, this device could be a real winner.
Beelink is a known quantity to our readers; we've reviewed quite a few of its devices over the past few years - including the T4, M1, L55 and A1 - all of which show this up-and-coming challenger is not afraid to innovate.
There are a few of very good reasons Beelink chose this particular processor. It has a high base frequency (2.1GHz), a relatively low TDP (35W) and an 8-core Radeon Vega 8 GPU with Freesync support.
- We've build a list of the best workstations available
- Check out our list of the best video editing PCs on the market
- Here's our choice of the best mobile workstations around
Despite its relatively small volume (168 x 120 x 47mm) and entry-level price tag (less than $350), the GTR Pro packs two exciting features that all PC manufacturers should copy.
First, there’s a standalone fingerprint reader - an excellent feature for anyone after a business PC. Second, Beelink engineers have managed to embed Samsung’s Dex functionality, which allows a compatible smartphone to connect to the display and be controlled by the input peripherals. It's essentially an embedded KVM and could potentially be used to control other computers too (although we haven’t yet checked).
The rest of the spec list shows that the Beelink GTR Pro really is…the bee’s knees. It supports Wi-Fi 6 and has two GbE connectors, two 4K-capable HDMI ports, one DisplayPort, one USB Type-C with DP Alt Mode connectivity, two M2 SSD slots, a pair of microphones, and two DDR4 memory slots. All in all, that's a total of almost 20 ports.
There’s even a CLR CMOS button that allows you to revert to default settings, just because.
- Here's our list of the best thin clients out there
Bear in mind
- While global delivery is available, if the Beelink GTR Pro is shipped from the Chinese warehouse, it may take a month to arrive in either the UK or US (and potentially more). You may be levied a tax either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Désiré has been musing and writing about technology during a career spanning four decades. He dabbled in website builders and web hosting when DHTML and frames were in vogue and started narrating about the impact of technology on society just before the start of the Y2K hysteria at the turn of the last millennium.