Future US, Inc. is seeking a San Francisco-based Staff Writer for TechRadar Pro. The Staff Writer will have expert knowledge of the enterprise technology industry. He or she will be responsible for writing breaking news items and long-form features, reviewing devices and software, as well as editing op-eds and contributed content.
- Write and edit compelling enterprise technology content
- Pitch content ideas to the Senior Editor
- Attend industry conferences and events
- Conduct introductory briefings with tech companies and startups
- Help with QA of all TechRadar Pro content
- Develop strong relationships with manufacturers, vendors and PR reps
- Insert content into our proprietary CMS
- Oversee freelancers if and when they are required
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA or BS from an accredited university
- Minimum of 2-5 years of journalism experience
- Is consistently able to meet (and beat) deadlines on multiple projects
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a busy environment
- Must have an expert knowledge of enterprise technology (including areas like computing, mobility and printing)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience working within content management systems
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong team player with a can-do, pitch in attitude
- Capable of working proactively with editorial, marketing and sales departments to achieve results
Future plc is an international media group and leading digital publisher, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR). It has operations in the UK, US and Australia creating 200 publications, apps, websites and events. It holds market-leading positions in Technology, Gaming, Entertainment, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors. Future attracts 50 million monthly global unique users to its websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com. Future sells more than 24 million magazines every year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands in the US include Mac|Life, Maximum PC, PC Gamer and Official Xbox Magazine. We deliver over 100 digital editions, selling over two million products in the last 12 months through Apple’s Newsstand for iPad. Future exports or syndicates over 200 publications to over 90 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content. Future is currently Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for both the Association of Online Publishers and the Professional Publishers Association.
What we offer:
- 401K Match
- Costco Membership
- Corporate Matching Program
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision plans.
- A culture that encourages a passion for life both inside and outside of the office.
- Free shuttle service from BART and CalTrain to the office.
To apply, click on the link below: