The Mini is a mobile medical alert system designed to provide the same safety net of the Active Guardian and Mobile Guardian, but packed into a discrete device capable of easily fitting into a shirt pocket.
At 2.75 inches long, 1.38 inches wide, and weighing just 1.3 ounces, the Mini Guardian is the smallest medical alert system Medical Guardian offers, save for the Freedom Guardian smartwatch. By making it smaller and lighter, the Mini is more discreet and comfortable, which means seniors are more likely to wear it.
- The best medical alert systems
- How to choose the best medical alert system for your needs
- Medical Guardian review
The Mini Guardian features a 78-decibel speaker with background noise-canceling capabilities. And it’s connected to reliable, nationwide 4G LTE cellular coverage, enabling the user to receive help wherever they go. It also has the following features:
- Easy-to-press button: The large, soft button is designed to make it easier for seniors with arthritis to call for help
- Water and dust-resistant: With an IP67 rating, the Mini can be worn in the shower and the pool
- Fall detection capabilities and cancelation feature: The Mini can detect a fall and call for help without having to press the help button
- Battery life: The rechargeable battery reportedly lasts up to five days; Medical Guardian will send notifications via text or email when the battery is low
- Advanced Location Tracking: Using GPS and WiFi, the Mini helps EMTs locate people by providing an exact location
- Color options: There are three colors available: white, silver, and black
“This device is an incredibly critical and timely innovation,” Geoff Goss, CEO of Medical Guardian, commented , “acting as a direct response to one of the leading reasons many seniors choose to forego utilizing a medical alert system — size, weight, or lack of style — with hopes that more older adults will begin to live life independently and with added protection.”
The Mini Guardian starts at $39.95 per month and costs $49.95 per month for fall detection. To protect it from spills, drops, and other damage, you can pay an additional $6.99 per month for the protection plan, which replaces or repairs your mini in the event it’s damaged.
- Are you looking for a medical alert system for you or a loved one? Check out our guide to the best medical alerts systems
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Jeph Preece is an ambitiously creative writer, editor, and content strategist with over seven years of digital publishing experience and five years teaching and admin experience in academia. He is specialized in short-form and long-form, purpose-driven content. Jeph is also an accomplished artist, musician, and author of innovative fiction.