Pipo W11 tablet - $274.99 at Banggood (opens in new tab)
Pipo is not a household brand, but given the W11 costs less than half the price of the Microsoft Surface Go 2 - and offers superior performance, storage and connectivity - it's well worth a look. Use the code BGpipo2 at checkout to get this price.
When we reviewed the new Surface Go 2 (opens in new tab) tablet from Microsoft, we found it to be "an excellent affordable Windows 10 tablet that features a premium design found in the company's more expensive devices”.
However, if you want something even more affordable, you should check out the Pipo W11, which retails for about half the price of Microsoft’s diminutive tablet.
Pipo is not a household name, but we've known about the company since 2014 when it unveiled the Pipo W2 (opens in new tab) tablet. The W11 (opens in new tab) follows in the footsteps of its 6-year old predecessor, which back then ran on a little-known OS called Windows 8.1.
- We've built a list of the best business smartphones (opens in new tab) around
- Here's our list of the best school tablets (opens in new tab) out there
- Check out our list of the best business laptops (opens in new tab) right now
The W11 also comes with a keyboard cover and stylus (opens in new tab), all for the princely sum of $274.99 (about £208, AU$377). Use the code BGpipo2 at checkout to get this price. For comparison, the equivalent Surface Go 2 configuration with pen and keyboard cover retails for $695.97 - more than twice the price.
The W11 wins out when it comes to performance, with its Celeron N4100 CPU trouncing the Surface Go 2's Pentium 4425Y, according to CPUBenchmark. It's also superior when it comes to storage (Pipo’s candidate has 64GB eMMC plus a dedicated 180GB SSD) and connectivity (the W11 has three more ports than its rival).
On the other hand, the Surface Go 2 has a smaller screen with a higher resolution, which produces sharper pictures, plus a bigger battery capacity, higher resolution cameras, and faster Wi-Fi/Bluetooth.
Businesses looking for a cheap business tablet (opens in new tab) are also likely to side with Microsoft’s device because of the return policy, the free technical support and in-store assistance.
- Check out our list of the best rugged tablets (opens in new tab) out there
Bear in mind
- If this product is shipped from mainland China, it will take a month to arrive in the UK or US (and potentially more). You may be levied an additional tax, either directly or through the courier.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with an equivalent specification, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.
You might also want to check out the best tablet with keyboard (opens in new tab).