Lenovo VoIP 360 camera speaker - $156.97 at Provantage
Is it a HD webcam? Is it a unified communications camera? Is it a 360-degree panoramic camera? The Lenovo VoIP 360 camera speaker is all three and more. It even has multi-directional microphones with distant voice pickup and noise-cancellation.
Lenovo might not be known as a webcam maker, but the world’s largest computer manufacturer sells a surprising model that, from a distance, looks a bit like the Death Star from Star Wars.
Presented as a tiny 90mm plastic sphere with a camera sensor on top, it has a gun metal design and connects to your computer using a USB Type-C connector, which means you could potentially plug it into your smartphone or your tablet as well.
- Check out our list of the best webcams right now
- Here's our list of the best VoIP systems out there
- We've built a list of the best business phone systems out there
What makes it different from other models is that it is aimed to be used on a flat surface rather than shoved atop a business monitor. There are also unusual quadrant view (for small teams), split view and a panoramic view features.
The microphone, speaker and camera all function in 360 degrees and environment noise suppression and acoustic noise-cancellation technology will, according to Lenovo, deliver better sound for both parties.
The camera - which is has a 2-megapixel resolution - is optimized for leading unified communication platforms like Microsoft Skype for Business, Skype, Amazon Chime, Cisco Webex, Cisco Jabber, Google Meet, Zoom, Bluejeans, and more.
- We've built a list of the best IP phones on the market
Bear in mind
- If this product is not available in your region, you'll need to use a specialist parcel forwarding service to take advantage of the deal.
- If you've managed to get hold of a cheaper product with equivalent specifications, in stock and brand new, let us know and we'll tip our hat to you.
Are you a pro? Subscribe to our newsletter
Sign up to the TechRadar Pro newsletter to get all the top news, opinion, features and guidance your business needs to succeed!
Désiré has been musing and writing about technology during a career spanning four decades. He dabbled in website builders and web hosting when DHTML and frames were in vogue and started narrating about the impact of technology on society just before the start of the Y2K hysteria at the turn of the last millennium.