Remedy Entertainment has released a brand-new patch for Alan Wake 2 which makes over 200 individual improvements to the game.
The 08 update is now live across PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC with the majority of its content aiming to address bug fixes affecting everything from UI, exploration, technical issues, and even character lip-syncing.
Nine main missions have also received a ton of fixes, many of which would otherwise include problems involving playable characters Saga Anderson and Alan Wake getting stuck in certain environments, as well as bugs that would force the player to fall through the world unexpectedly.
Specifically for the 'Room 665' mission, Remedy has resolved what it's calling a "really annoying" issue that caused the Oceanview Hotel Lobby Echo not to align correctly, so players should no longer experience a disruption during this sequence.
There are also a few PC-specific fixes, which you can take a look at in the full patch notes below.
Alan Wake 2 update 08 patch notes
- Various localization fixes, such as improved subtitle timings for all languages
- Improved localized audio for live-action cinematics
- Various audio-related improvements and additional polish
- Improved lip sync in some instances
- Fixed various graphical issues in the environments
- Fixed various minor issues in cinematics
- Minor improvements to image aliasing in Performance mode and Xbox Series S
- Improved lighting
- Fixed lighting bugs in multiple locations
- Various UI-related fixes and additional polish
- Various gameplay fixes and improvements
- Minor gameplay finetuning
- Improved auto-aim for specific circumstances
- Fixed rare player character animation issues
- Fixed various issues in the Case Board
- Fixed various map issues
- Several conversations failing to trigger and thus blocking progress later have been fixed
- Fixed Rose’s dialogue choices, sometimes not being selectable, blocking progress
- Fixed a rare issue with Saga’s lines not playing when going to the Sheriff’s Station, blocking progress
- Resolved a potential problem in the player getting stuck in a Case Board Tutorial
- Fixed exploration rewards for Lighthouse
- Fixed a bug where Saga could get stuck in the environment
- Fixed potential issue with players able to get stuck when falling from ladders
- Fixed potential issues with Dark Presence (it remains a threat)
- Fixed a rare crash
- Fixed a bug where Alan could fall through the environment
- Fixed a bug where Saga could fall through the world
- Fixed a bug in where a gate could get locked after reloading a save game, causing the player to get blocked from progressing
- Fixed an issue where, in rare circumstances, the player could end up outside of the game world when opening the map
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, the Lighthouse key could not be picked up
- Fixed a bug where Alan could get stuck in the environment
- Fixed an issue that caused the Oceanview Hotel Lobby Echo not to align correctly (this one was really annoying; we apologize)
- Fixed an issue where if the player performed specific tasks in an unpredictable order, the mission progress could get blocked
- Fixed an issue (much to Rose’s chagrin) with physics-related props that could block the player in and halt progress
- Fixed an issue where the player, in rare instances, could not exit the radio, TV, or manuscript interact modules.
- Fixed a bug that could cause graphics settings to reset when launching the game
- Improvements to PC Window handling logic
- Fixed mouse cursor sometimes not appearing in menus
Sign up for Black Friday email alerts!
Get the hottest deals available in your inbox plus news, reviews, opinion, analysis and more from the TechRadar team.