Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is finally out (again) and brings with it a whole host of new things for players to shoot at and blow up.
While lots of people are going to be excited by the prospect of diving into a gritty campaign for the first time in a couple of years, others will be itching to get into that sweet, sweet multiplayer action, which is just as fast and frenetic as usual.
Now, though, it’s not just about your weapons looking the part on the battlefield – you’ll also want to ensure your character looks the business, too, by unlocking all the Operator skins available.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Operators are basically the new version of skins in CoD. They replace things like Specialists from more recent titles but don’t affect gameplay in any way. Instead, each one simply allows you to don the skin you want while fighting against other players to give you a more unique and customizable experience. It’s an admittedly nice touch and gives players something to work towards instead of merely trying to wrack up the most kills possible, which is still crucial mind you.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Operators
There are three different Operators in each of the six groups, which are then split into two different factions. Thankfully, there are plenty of skin options to unlock no matter which side you’re on in any of the conflicts you find yourself in when playing the multiplayer modes. There is also a default Operator for both the Coalition and the Allegiance as well, but they’re unlocked from the beginning.
To unlock the extra Operators, you’ll need to play through Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and its various modes. You’re probably going to do so anyway, so it shouldn’t be too much of an ask to complete the specific tasks needed to unlock each skin. However, some might take a little longer to achieve than others, depending on your skill level.
Aside from looking different visually, each Operator also has their own unique executions, which may look cool, but again, won’t give you an unfair advantage over your opponents. Still, it’s always nice to stand out from the crowd (unless you’re trying not to), so here’s how you unlock each Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Operator below and the various challenges you’ll need to complete.
- Thorn - Complete the Piccadilly Campaign Mission
- Charly - Play 25 Public Matches
- Otter - Complete Operation: Paladin in Western Verdansk
- Domino - Win 5 matches of Gunfight
- Golem - Complete Operation: Headhunter in Downtown Verdansk
- Wyatt - Complete The Wolf's Den Campaign Mission
- D-Day - Complete the Hunting Party Campaign Mission
- Alice - Complete Operation: Harbringer in Eastern Verdansk
- Raines - Get 500 LMG Kills
- Minotaur - Get 300 Assault Rifle Kills in Multiplayer
- Bale - Complete the Into the Furnace Campaign Mission
- Rodion - Complete the Operation: Just Reward in Downtown Verdansk
- Azur - Complete the Old Comrades Mission in the Campaign
- Grinch - Get 100 Headshots in Multiplayer
- Zane - Complete all the given Co-Op Operations in Verdansk
- Yegor - Complete the Proxy War Campaign Mission
- Kreuger - Execute 25 Finishing Moves
- Syd - Kill 5 Juggernauts in any Co-Op Mission
On top of all of the in-game Operators, there are a few that can only be unlocked via pre-order bonuses. But we stress: these are only aesthetic changes, so it’s not like those who’ve ponied up for the pre-order will have a tactical advantage because of these Operators. There's no need to rush out and panic, then.
If you have pre-ordered Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, the three Operators you will get are: All Ghillied up, Crew Expendable, and War Pig.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare killstreaks: list of every CoD killstreak reward